First set : 25-23 for Karasuno.

The second set started. Asahi, the Ace, served, the ball landing out. The first point was ours, but when Tooru served, the libero got down last second, the ball landing out, too, giving Karasuno the second point.

The next three points were earned by Kyotani's killing spikes. Hajime missed his serve, ending our three streak points.

4-2 for us.

I could tell that my uncle was proud and happy but that wouldn't last long, since, for Mad Dog, he has to hit the ball with all he's got even when he has three blockers right in front of him. I'm pretty sure we all wanted to hit him.

5-3 for us.

13-11 for us.

17-16 for us.

21-18.

We were keeping a lead. I had hope that we would be taking this second set. With Mad Dog on the court, I hardly have any doubt, but with Karasuno's strength to understand and counterattack, they could well be beating us in the third set. We'll have to be careful.

Mad Dog was now the one to serve. As always, his strength is surprising our opponents. The first serve went in, landing on the floor. The second one got received by the Captain but got blocked by Mattsun. The third one got received by Tanaka. They got the chance to set and attack, earning the point, putting a stop to the streak Mad Dog was having. I was right, they were adjusting fast to our strong but reckless player, but even then, we were in the lead for this second set. We have another chance.

23-19.

As I saw who was about to serve, I wasn't scared of the difficulty of the receive, but then, when the whistle blowing came to my ears, I turned my head, seeing Number 12 with the number 10 card.

So he is their pinch server. I remember him. He's not perfect, but if he learns, he could become really strong.

I wish I could be on the court. This boy uses float serves. Really useful. I never take any chances with float serves. Even if it's going out, it could turn in the last second. They're traitors. He made his team enter the 20's with this point.

23-20.

We can't let him do any more points, it could ruin our chances to win this set. If he goes any higher than us, we're doomed, but I believe Watari and all our players can adapt as fast as we know we can.

The second serve tricked us again, making Mad Dog fail at receiving it.

23-21.

As expected of our boys, the third set got received perfectly, by Makki, who got it up with an over-handed hit. They knew exactly who to target. But even then, Karasuno seemed persistent, Number 12 receiving it with his body. It was too low for a set, but Number 9 still got it up high enough for Number 11 to attack, making a point.

23-22.

My uncle then stood up, asking for a time-out.

Walking to me, the boys seemed a bit worried about the direction of the game.

"Number 12 did a very bold receive" Hajime commented.

"It was just luck, though" Tooru answered so confidently.

I would agree with him.

"He's only there to serve, guys. You did well targeting him, Hajime. His shoulder probably hurts"

"Yeah, doesn't erase the fact that there's only one point before they tie it"

"They won't, I know you can stop this streak"