Chapter 82. Am I a Demon?

Start from the beginning

"I will have to redo all my papers and notes." That alone made him drown in a current of sorrow. The ink had been drenched badly, its black liquid skewered across the folded pages. Lucilline shook his head absentmindedly.

That day, he skipped class, and researched more about medicine in the school library.

The entire book of fifty pages scrambled in notes were replaced by fifty more.

After school, Willow was greeted by the sight of her soaked Young Master. She chirped around him like a worried mother, grabbing his wet sweater and leather bag from his arms. "Let's hurry back to the manor, Young Master. I will prepare a warm bath for you."

Lucilline agreed.

They strolled around the streets, bypassing several jewelry stores. The black-haired Young Master couldn't help but still for a moment, his golden eyes pausing on the jewelry. Maybe... just maybe... I can buy one as a present for father?

Willow noticed his hesitation.

"Young Master..." She heard about Duke Rubius' declining health, and all about the efforts her Young Master went through to help. First and Second Young Master are still out from the Capital City, and they can not afford to come back. It is only Young Master and I...

All of a sudden, a sharp shriek ripped through the air.

"THIEF!!!" A woman dressed in a green gown was chasing after a man covered in back clothing. The man—allegedly the "thief"—had stolen the woman's wallet, which was stuffed with many riches. His bloodshot eyes were piercing, with the bulging veins almost exploding from nerves. He bypassed several other panicking people.

People found themselves watching the chase from the sidelines. Unfortunately, the woman was too slow. She couldn't catch up to the thief, and panted heavily.

Lucilline turned away from the scene.

He couldn't afford to look at how tragic the woman was anymore. However, he also didn't have the energy and passion to actually help. Therefore, he just stood there and watched the commotion riling up.

All of a sudden, another cry came out of the blue. "Get out of the way!"

Lucilline was surprised when he saw a handsome figure dash across the streets. It was like a blizzard of snow slapping him across the cheeks, leaving behind a hideous sting. Locks of white hair bounced up and down, and a pair of amethyst purple eyes shone in the crowd. The tall and handsome young man ran at an extremely fast pace, quickly caught up to the thief, and then swiftly knocked them down onto the ground.

Gasps piped up on the street. The noble men and women hurriedly stepped away from where the white-haired young man and the thief were situated at.

Lucilline stepped backwards as well.

His eyes were fixed at how handsome young man locked the thief's wrists behind their back, then pinned them down to the ground. Once the thief couldn't move anymore, the dashing hero grabbed the wallet out from their grip.

Later on, the thief was escorted away by the patrol guards.

The white-haired young man walked to the victim. Surprisingly, there was another lady beside her. Daphnne, the transfer student straightened her dress as she greeted the hero with a cheerful look, "Az! You were amazing!" She jumped and down from excitement. "You saved this lady's money! You're such a hero, Az!"