Chapter Seventy Nine

Start from the beginning

"Well... Maybe I got carried away. I don't mind it though. Feels full with the children here." Clarice studied his features to see if he regretted the decision to host them.

"I suppose you're right."

"You should ask Hermione to help you with your potions. I'm sure she would enjoy the extra lessons." Clarice suggested.

"Yeah, perhaps. What are you making?" He asked.

"A cottage pie, nothing special. I don't feel like cooking so I made something easy." Clarice said a little exhausted.

"You're not over working yourself, are you dear?" Severus asked concern.

"No, no I'm fine. I've just been up since 5 and Eli's been up my butt about going to the creek out back." Clarice said.

"I'll take him out to the creek. He just likes to look for stones and frogs." Severus squeezed her hand.

"Thanks," Clarice smiled at him.

"Pip?" Severus called out and the small elf appeared.

"I was beginning to worry you forgot about me." Pip folded her hands in front of her. "Sir never calls anymore."

"Aw Pip, we would never forget about you. We just haven't had much going on." Clarice explained while kneeling down to Pip's level to hold her hands.

"Until now." Severus said. "We've got kids in the other bedrooms upstairs and there's a weird smell coming from Draco's room already. Would you be able to finish dinner for Clarice? She's exhausting herself and won't admit it." Severus said nonchalant.

"Uh- Sev! I'm fine. I can finish." Clarice tried to explain but Pip had squeezed her hands.

"I can help, Miss Clarice. You rest." Pip reassured her multiple times and Severus pushed her up the stairs into their bedroom for her to nap.

It really didn't take much for Clarice to fall asleep. In fact she slept so good, she didn't wake up until she felt something nudging her.

"Claire, babe? You okay?" Her eyes fluttered open to see Severus watching over her. With a hand to her forehead, she tried to sit up.

"You're burning up, love." He brushed her hair out of her face. "Do you feel okay?"

"My head hurts." She grumbled. "What time is it?"

"It's 9am. You've been out for hours dear." He said and sat next to her.

"What? I've been asleep for like fifteen hours?" She questioned.

"Longer I think. I should've woken you sooner. I'm sorry." He said as he pulled some vials from his pocket. "Here."

"Thanks. How are the kids?"

"Well... Weasley's here." Severus said.

"Did Draco stay?"

"Yeah he's still here. He's kept the creatures fed and entertained."

"He's such a good kid. I'm surprised he's stayed."

"So what do you want to do on your sick day?" He asked her.

"I'm fine, I'll just take these and be back on my feet." She uncorked the vials.

"They might make you feel a little unpleasant actually. I think it's best you rest today." He rubbed her back.

"I don't have time to rest."

"You must. Listen, I'll watch the kids today and keep them occupied. You watch your movies and I promise you'll feel better by tonight. Okay?" He kissed her forehead and she stopped arguing with him. He was right.

"What do you plan on doing with them today?" She asked.

"I was just going to let them do what they wanted." He said.

"Er you think that's a good idea?"

"They won't want to go out with me." He chuckled.

"You should bring them to Diagon Alley for their school supplies." She suggested.

"I thought you would want to do that with them." He said.

"I did, but..."

"We can wait till your better. No need to rush it." He said.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" She rested her head on his shoulder.

"All the time, but I never get tired of hearing you say it." He told her.

"You know..." He spoke after a small silence. "Having all these kids in the house..."

Clarice looked up from her lap surprised.

"It makes me realize how..." He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.

"What love?"

"How I want our home to always be this full."

"What are you implying?"She knew, but wanted to hear him say it.

"I'm just saying that I hope we have more kids." Him saying this, she couldn't hold back the smile.

"I hope we do too." She said, but let her smile falter for a split second. It didn't go unnoticed though.

"You're worried." He stated.

"We just have to be smart." She told him.

"And by smart you mean patient."

"Unfortunately, yes. But it will be worth the wait." She said and squeezed his hands tightly.

"Claire, can we talk about something serious that's been bothering me?" He asked.

"Of course."

"Will you go into hiding when he rises?"

"What?"

"Take Elio and go into hiding." He repeated.

"Sev..."

"Just hear me out," He cut her off. "When he does, you and Elio should leave the country."

"Sev! You're crazy."

"I just want you safe Claire."

"What if I want you safe? How can we keep each other safe if we're in two different parts of the world?" She argued.

"You need to think of Eli." And he was right. She wasn't thinking of her son, she was thinking of her husband.

"Hogwarts is safe. It's our safest option." She said unconvinced at her own statement. "It has to be."

"I'll let you rest. Just please think about it."

"I won't lose you." She said.

"You will never lose me."