Chapter Forty Nine

Severus stormed into their house an hour later as Clarice was sitting on the couch reading while Elio slept in his crib. She looked up and took her glasses off to place on the side table as Severus fell beside her. 

"Anything?" She asked him and he shook his head no. Clarice sighed. "What are we going to do Sev?"

"We'll figure it out. Just no more accepting presents." He chuckled. 

The following months the couple had found themselves in a stuck routine, but Clarice liked it that way. Elio would have her or Severus up by 6am, they took turns, breakfast would be served, and they went along their day with whatever they wanted to do. They didn't leave the house much, but with what has been going on in their life, it really wasn't the smartest thing to do. 

One late August afternoon, there was a knock on the door. Seeing as Clarice had her arms full with the baby, Severus stood from his desk and went to open it. 

"Albus?" Clarice looked to the door surprised. "What are you...?"

"I uh, just visiting is all. I came to talk to you both." Albus spoke while stepping into the living room. Clarice motioned for him to sit on the couch and he did as such. 

"What do we owe the pleasure?" Severus asked while sitting in an armchair. 

"I've come to talk to you about your positions." Albus said. "You see I'm torn at the moment, I don't know when to expect you back. If you come back."

"We do plan on coming back Albus." Severus said. 

"It's just hard at the moment." Clarice spoke softly. 

"Of course, and I do understand that. I was thinking..." He trailed off and Clarice waited for him to continue. 

"Do you want some tea?" Clarice offered. 

"I would love some." He said and Clarice got up with Elio still in her arms. Albus immediately stretched out his arms to take the child that had grown even more. He looked almost a year and a half old by now. "You're getting so big!"

Clarice ran to the kitchen to fetch a fresh pot of tea while she listened to Elio's baby babble and Severus catching him up on Elio's milestones. He had taken his first steps at three months, he already had about five teeth, and he's even been saying sentences with two to four words. His development has had the couple astonished. 

She came back into the room with the tea following behind her and sat down beside Albus. 

"As I was saying," Albus said while sipping. "Clarice I have an idea."

"An idea?" She questioned. 

"Yes, I was thinking about giving you your own classroom. A study hall class. I'm sure the other professors wouldn't mind giving you up to help all students with all classes. You'd be able to have Elio with you in class."

"I don't know Albus..." Clarice said. 

"Think about it. Severus you'd be able to stay with potions, of course." Albus said. 

"Is Dark Arts not opening up again?" Severus questioned. 

"Lupin has decided it would be best if he quit." Albus said and Clarice frowned. 

"What? Why? Who's taking over?" Clarice exclaimed. 

"I've asked auror Alistar Moody to take over this year." Albus said and Severus scoffed. 

"Mad eye moody?" Severus questioned. 

"That name... sounds very familiar." Clarice said. 

"You'll put a face to the name if you come back this year." Albus said.