Chapter Thirty Three

"Claire?" 

Clarice's eyes fluttered open and was welcomed by warmth, sunlight, and Severus standing over her. She hummed in response groaned when she realized she had a mind splitting headache. Her good hand reached up and rubbed her temple. 

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked her realizing she wasn't looking so good. Still not saying a word, she shook her head no. 

"Poppy said you'll need a week to recover. No classes for you until you're a hundred percent. I'll check back with you after lunch. I have to head out now." He told her and placed a hand on her forehead; she was running a fever. 

"There's a few potions by your bed if you need anything and of course water and crackers too. Try to feel better," He kissed her hand and left her be. 

When he came back during lunch, she was sleeping peacefully so he left her be. 

He came back again during dinner and she was still sleeping... He pondered waking her up, but decided it would be best if he let her sleep off all of the potions in her system. 

It wasn't until after his final night class when he came back and noticed how pale she looked. Upon closer inspection, she was sweating and her eyes looked like they were moving back and forth. 

"Claire?" He tried coaxing her awake, but she didn't move. He gently nudged her shoulder, yet still nothing. He also noticed none of the potions he left for her had been touched. 

"Clarice?" He said a little more aggressive; her fists were now clutching the sheets to her bed. He wasn't sure what do at this point and as he sat back at her desk thinking about if he should bring her to Poppy, Clarice shot up from her bed gasping for air. 

"Claire?" Severus rushed over to her side to try and comfort, but she was clearly distraught. 

"He- he... oh my gosh." She couldn't get her words out. 

"Did you have another vision?" He asked her and her eyes darted around her room. 

"Claire, look at me!" He said and grabbed her face in his hands to make her meet his gaze. Her mouth was open like she wanted to say something, but still nothing came out. 

"Talk to me." He whispered. She shook her head. 

"You'll think I'm crazy." She choked out as tears slid down her cheeks. 

"I already think you're crazy. Who else would let fifth years use arnica?" He tried to joke, but she shook her head again and opened her mouth. 

"They were all animagi." She whispered. 

"Who?" He asked. 

"James Potter, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew. They all had animal forms." She told him. 

"What? What does that mean?" He asked. 

"They're here in the castle." She sobbed. 

"James is dead. Peter is dead." He told her and she shook her head. 

"No. Not Peter." She said. 

"I think you need to talk to Albus. You need to rest up though. How's your arm feeling?" He asked another question. 

"Fine," She muttered, but winced when she tried to move it. Severus frowned. 

"You're lying." He said. "Take these, please?"

Clarice took the potion like a shot, grimaced, and washed it down with water. 

"Poppy is going to stop by tomorrow to check your hand and change the bandages. I have to grade papers. I'll come back and stay with you again tonight, alright?" He told her and she nodded. He kissed her head and left her again.