He flopped onto his back, hair wet and gasping for air, his leg must be hurting him, and his chest went up and down rapidly- "where's Zaria?" oh the way he says her name, oh saints.

The fact that she is the first that came to his mind, she really is so lonely.

"I'm here." she replied peeking from behind Matthias, her hair damp and the prettiest inky color, her voice low and came into a whisper, so sweet, saints she wanted to jump for that tone.

Kaz exhaled and lolled his head to the side so he can look at her, her whole body was sparkling due to the rain making her skin look so soft and the prettiest brown color and her hair fell to the side as she tilted her head like black curtains.

And Kaz, he had no right to look this handsome during a heist, a deadly one, his hair now damp and messy just like she always loved, his lips parted, eyes tired but exquisite as he watched her up and down.

and Zaria, oh Zaria, saints she looked like a billion kruge no matter the things she just went through.

 she looked like a siren, eyes wet and sticking to the side of her head, champagne eyes weary yet sharp, the still wet parts of her clothes sticking to her body like a second skin.

She looked like a siren ready to lure sailors to their deaths in dangerous waters with her song, the bracelet wrapped around her ankle jiggled with each movement.

He looked up, studying her face, and with that he looked into her eyes and their souls met, dancing together.

He couldn't get her out of his mind the whole time, it was aggravating, and it pissed him off in every way but what pissed him off more was that she didn't listen to him.

she climbed with Inej.

"shouldn't you be with Inej? Where’s Inej?" he gasped turning away, "Where’s Nina?" Zaria frowned, did she say something? did she do something? she's the one who should be mad.

"Already on the embassy roof," replied Matthias, "Leave this rope and take the rest," Kaz said standing up and trying not to show any pain because of his leg, "Let’s move," he ordered.

Zaria was the first to move, making her way toward Nina and Inej, Matthias and Wylan tossed the incinerator rope into a grimy heap and grabbed two clean coils. 

Jesper followed Kaz to the lip of the roof where Inej had secured a tether that ran from the top of the prison to the embassy sector roof below. Someone had rigged up a sling for those without the Wraith’s particular gift for flouting gravity.

"Thank the Saints, Djel, and your Aunt Eva," Jesper said gratefully, and slid down the rope, followed by Zaria and then the others.

Nina and Inej were tucked up against the base of the biggest dome, a filigreed skylight that overlooked the embassy’s entry rotunda.
 It didn’t offer many shelters from the dwindling rain, but should any of the guards on the ringwall turn their attention away from the approach road and onto the rooftops of the Court, the crew would be hidden from view. 

Nina had Inej’s feet in her lap and Zaria's hand in front of her, that's when Kaz noticed how bloody they were, "could you please heal them?" asked the girl the heartrender who immediately nodded.