02

Annette Heppon

Annette Heppon

   The town was quiet. I can't say I was surprised because I have never been in a town place like this before. No one was standing outside. Barely any cars past the wall I was leaning against. The brick was
cutting into my skin making me hiss.
I poke my head out trying to find someplace where I can find a place to hide away from the cars and the lights.
I run across the street into an alley, dark and dry. I hug the wall trying to stay hidden as the best I can. The rain makes me shiver and the wall slick. Causing me to slip.
Dusting the mud off my knees , I see the end of the Alley. Following the light, I rush onto the sidewalk, only to be pulled back in.
Dylan slams me into the wall causing me to cry out. He grabs my jaw making my eyes level with his. "You bitch" He seethes. I see the burns and soot covered his face. I feel the bandages on his head.
"Look at what you did"
   I try to push off and scream for help but he slams me into wall.Harder and covers my mouth. Silencing my attempts to flee.
"After all that I done for you. I gave you EVERYTHING and this how you return the favor. Just because I don't give you enough attention !!! ".
     I shake my head. It's not true. I have the scars and the memories to prove it. I push harder and his hand slips from my mouth.
" Fuck you Dylan".
     Those worlds alone awaken something inside him. Something I haven't seen since the fire. He throws a punch and it hits me right in my temple. He pulls his arm to do it again. But this time I duck and his hand hits the wall.
      I don't waist time and I run. I look behind me. Dylan doesn't take long to recover and starts chasing after me but slips on the wet mud. Keep looking behind me making sure he stayed down. I keep running, I'd didn't even notice the change in pavement. I heard the screech of tires and then the world went white.