1. Intention

13 years after her father's death, Soojung tried to live her life as usual.

The morning that started with her father making a sunny-side-up accompanied by toast and milk, and the night that closed with her father's good night wish, it had been 13 years since she had experienced that.

Soojung at that time was still underage, she was forced to mature by circumstances. Her mother died when she was 3 years old, so did her father when she was in high school. Her parents were an only child, so there was no other family she could live with.

17-year-old Soojung was forced to go to an orphanage at that time. Began to adapt to a new environment, a new atmosphere, and also other orphanage children. Most children in her age in the orphanage have been in this place since they were toddlers or elementary school students. She just felt strange and rejected the reality she had to face. She sat on the swing in front of the orphanage church, watching the cars passing by on the street. She wore a knee-length white dress that her father bought for her when she was 16 years old.

"Here is banana milk that I kept because I helped the Head of the Orphanage tidy up the books in the study room."

Soojung looked towards the voice. She saw a man who was the same age as her and he seemed to give her a yellow box of banana-flavored milk. Because she didn't reach for the box immediately, the boy placed the milk on Soojung's palm.

Soojung's eyes were unfocused so she didn't notice a sedan driving into the orphanage's yard. Two middle-aged people got out of the car. It seemed that they are a couple. The two people were greeted by the Head of the Orphanage with a smile. Then Head of the Orphanage's eyes drifted to find someone.

"Kim Jongin, your parents are here!" She shouted.

Jongin, the man who gave Soojung his milk, looked at the source of the sound. He then lowered his head indicating he would immediately go there.

"It hasn't been a week here, I'm already out. Maybe it's because you just came, so I haven't met you yet. Hopefully, we can meet later."

Without waiting for Soojung's answer, Jongin ran toward his new parents. He smiled happily, hoping for a better life.

Jung Soojung recalled the 13-years ago moment while looking at the banana-flavored boxed yellow milk in the refrigerator window of the convenience store. She wanted to buy a soda, but the yellow box averted his eyes.

By the way, what's that guy's name?

Oh yeah, she hadn't gotten to know each other yet, she didn't even realize that the Head of the Orphanage was in the orphanage yard at that time.

Then she walked to the cashier to pay for the soda. Upon arriving at the cashier zone, she took out her wallet intending to take out her card. That woman gave her card and the convenience store cashier took it. The convenience store clerk punched in the numbers and orders on the card machine. While waiting, she looked paper on the wall next to the cigarette rack.

Looking for a part-time employee as a cashier.

"Payment has been processed. Here is the card and receipt."

Soojung averted her gaze. "Thank you."

After she graduated from high school, she left the orphanage. This was so common because boys and girls at the age of 20 were considered adults and ready to leave the orphanage. Her life was not as smooth as the paved road at that time. She wanted to go to university, but she still didn't have tuition fees. To achieve her dream, she did all kinds of part-time work. She took 2 years off before entering college. Her dream of becoming a bachelor didn't stop because of financial conditions.

She worked as an ordinary office worker in the marketing department. Soojung was very tired from working from morning to night so she decided to buy a soda at the mini-market and tried to stretch her muscles by sitting on the chair provided in front of the door of the mini-market. She slowly opened the lid of the can of soda and drank it quickly before the soda water came out. While sipping her soda, her beautiful eyes fixed on the big television in front of the department store opposite the minimarket.

'News At 9 pm' aired on television. She could see a man who was handcuffed along with the police around the man who was tasked with securing. It could be seen clearly in the news headlines.

Serial murderer Kim Junhyuk will be released from prison in 6 months. The family of the murder victim is still trying hard to get to the Supreme Court so that Kim Junhyuk is sentenced to death

Seeing the news, Soojung's eyes began to water. Remembering that man's face when he was at her home. The shadow reappeared. Her father was lying in the living room with the knife still stuck in his body. Soojung, who had just come home from cram school, instead of getting her father's warm hug, found her father who was no longer breathing.

Her tears slowly fell as she squeezed the soda can.

I must take revenge.

.

"Kim Junhyuk, born in 1960, had a wife who died in 1994, his job was a car mechanic in a small repair shop in Daejeon before moving to Seoul in 2000."

Jung Soojung wrote down all the information about Kim Junhyuk in her notebook. The information she got from the newspapers she bought at vintage bookstores, and the internet. Almost all the articles she read to find gaps about this man.

There was one more article that she had not read yet.

"Kim Junhyuk, the killer of 7 people in Seoul, who has a 17-year-old sweet child.

Recalling the incident of his father's murder, Kim Junhyuk's son, Kim Jongin (17) does not know anything about his father's murder. His father goes to his job place and comes home at the usual time after work. There are no signs that his son can recognize his father's psychopathic attitude."

Kim Jongin?

She looked at the photo of the child in the article. He looked familiar but she couldn't remember who is he. Without further ad, she immediately wrote the new information in her book. She grabbed her cell phone quickly and typed a name in the calling app and put the phone to her ear.

"What is it?"

"Seulgi, can you find information about Kim Jongin?"

"Who's that?"

Soojung did not answer the interlocutor's question.

"I can't do illegal things like that even though I'm a police officer. Searching for personal data for personal gain is prohibited, Soojung."

Soojung bit her lip trying to find a reason to make Seulgi want to do what she asked.

"He is a scammer, offering me fake lottery draws."

"Just report it to the police. Why should you bother chasing after the culprit yourself?"

"No, you can't. I need to see him myself, I don't want anything to do with the confusing and overwhelming administration of the police."

"Are you insulting us?"

"It's not like that. But it's better for me to look for it myself and get it done outside the police force."

There has been no reply from the interlocutor. Seulgi seemed to be thinking.

"I'm not going to mess around or do anything stupid." Soojung added.

"OK. I trust you. I'll send the file."

"How can I live without you? Thank you."