VII. Ruined city, ruined future

°•°•[Ruined city, ruined future]•°•°

JULIA AND HELVIUS were in the Launch room under the arena, sitting on a couch. A hovercraft had gotten them there, and during the ride, they injected the tracker into Julia's forearm. Julia got her clothes for the arena - light beige t-shirt, dark beige jacket and beige tracksuit with camouflage pattern. Her tribute token, golden locket that David gave her, was already around her neck as she ate. Redhead ate a lot already, much because she knew there isn't going to be much food in the arena. 

"Judging by clothes, arena won't be too cold," Helvius said. 

"It's doesn't matter now. I'm practically in it now," Julia replied nervously. She started fidgeting her fingers. 

Helvius put his hand on her shoulder. "I believe in you, Julia. You are not just brave and confident, you really can win, alright. Now stop worrying."

Julia nodded. "I'll try. No worrying. " 

Helvius looked on the clock, and then at the girl.  "It's time to go in the arena, Julia," he stated sadly. 

Julia hugged her stylist, more for comfort than for anything else, and after a few seconds they parted. Julia entered the cylinder, her heart beating in her chest, fear and anxiety rising. The cylinder closed and started to climb up. Helvius waved to redhead, and she waved back with a small sad smile. 

        Arena was a big abounded city in ruins that looked like people left it few months ago, not more, with Cornucopia in the middle of it. Buildings were half destroyed, their parts on the roads, trees were laying in the middle of pavement. The sky was clear and the sun was shining, but it could change every minute. There was nothing much to see around expect some bushes and few trees that were still standing, and Julia looked at Cornucopia, her eyes looking for something she could use. There was a backpack near, and a pack of knives not far from it. Redhead looked for Mike, Tucker or Lea, and she saw the girl. She was standing near by, and they gave each other a nod. 

        Gong sounded loudly. Julia ran to the Cornucopia, and grabbed a backpack and a knives, then turned around and run for her life. Nobody seemed to notice hear at first, but than she felt a breeze few inches. Julia realised what just happened: a tribute threw a spear at her, which missed her neck by few centimeters. Her heart was beating faster than before, and her breaths became sharper. 

She turned around and saw Vine standing there with a disappointed smile on her face. "Fuck you, Julia Brown!" she yelled. 

Julia thought about throwing one of her knives in girl's direction, but before she could decide, Jared jumped in front of his sister, protecting her from another knife. It hit his left shoulder. Redhead tried to find whoever hurt Jared, but he tribute was already gone. Julia turned around, took the spear and ran away. 

As she was running, Julia saw Lea's body fall to the ground few feet away from her and it scared her. Lea had a spear in her stomach, her crimson blood spilling everywhere. Julia squated next to Lea and squizzed her hand, watching life drain from her fearful eyes. 

"Boy from Two...," Lea whispered, gasping rapidly for air. "He, his spear," redhead knew that he thrown the spear.  As she thought of it, she felt a knife breeze by her ear. Fuck! 

"It's okay. It's okay, Lea," Julia whispered. Only few seconds, Lea was dead, and Julia kept on running. Another knife flew by her. She picked it up, full of adrenaline adrenaline and took a first turn to the left, than to the right. 

        After over two hours of going through the city, Julia finally stopped and climbed into one building on the edge of the ruins. Everything out of it was a big dessert that seemed to have no end, but Julia knew it was only a Gamemakers sham.