𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

---------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder where Mr. Zhongli is now. I mean, he's a normal mortal now, right? Bah! Stop thinking about him, he lied to you. He's weak to honestly, hiding under a mask.
Childe flicked a pen away. He grabbed it then started clicking it. The bank was quiet and empty, like usual. But he had nothing to do now but sit. He hadn't got the Gnosis and had nobody to fight. Rarely he'd have Pantalone come and visit but he mainly visited the bank. The Northland banks true currency is our blood and tears. He mocked the higher ranks words. Pantalone said that every time he entered the bank. Childe got a headache every time he heard it. Who cared about banks? He wanted to fight somebody. Practice his strength. The bell rang on the door. Childe dropped his pen looked up.

A strange boy, somebody Childe never seen before. He looked strong. He'd die to fight the boy. The kid looked directly at him.
"You're the eleventh, right?" The boy said.
"Eleventh what," Childe knew what he meant, he just thought it was funny.
"Good, come step outside," the kid turned and walked out.
Well this is going to be interesting, Childe thought as he made a look. He took the pen too, just in case.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao waited, he waited 2 minutes until the Fatui stepped out.
"How'd you know it was actually me," Childe shrugged. The boy glared at him. Childe realized the boy definitely wasn't taking questions.
"You know somebody I need information on, it's for private reasons so don't ask."
"Wasn't going to"
"Shut it."
"Okay, Okay"
Xiao adjusted his posture, "Zhongli, you know him. And don't deny it," Xiao looked him in the eyes making it hard to scramble away. Childe stared blank at him, "Me and Mr. Zhongli aren't in contact anymore, but I can say what I know."
Xiao blinked, he's shutting off his contact with people? That was bizarre, more suspicious too.
"Well, is he an Adeptus?" Xiao noticed a change in Childe as well. A fling, or reaction. In Childe's mind he knew. This was the boy Mr. Zhongli told him about. A Yakasha, Xiao. He was told not to tell the boy anything. But who cares...
"Yes he is, a skilled one at that," Childe closed his eyes and lowered his head. Why'd he even come to the bank today. Xiao's face darkened. "That's it? That's all you need?" Childe looked up, almost happy to get out the conversation. "Yes, but have you seen him recently? Like do you know where he is currently?" Xiao looked completely calm now. Childe shook his head, "He usually works today but he's out now. Plus, I've been in there," he pointed at the Bank. Xiao nodded then disappeared. In a blink of an eye he was gone. Childe returned in the Bank. Opening the slightly heavy door. He sat back down in the lobby chair. Adjusting his hair. He pulled out the pen. Then a piece of paper. He then worked on information, information of Xiao the Yakasha.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zhongli sat under the statue, he did it most days. His home were the statues he stayed under. It had only been a day and he left those horns. They almost showed under his black and orange hair. He leaned back. The sky was blue as the water in the Harbor. The clouds like puff of cotton strung in the air. He smiled slightly, peaceful. As if all his pain was stripped from him.
"Didn't know you could smile." A voice said. Zhongli moved his head to the sound, as expected. The small Adeptus appeared.
"I could say the same.. not seeing you smile either. Of course not in a rude way," Zhongli hopped down from the small concrete box the held the statue. Coming to a similar distance of when they met before.
"Do you need something Xiao?" Zhongli had said his name like he knew him his entire life. Amazing memory, it made him even more suspicious. He could of been holding grudges.
"I met with somebody you loss contact with, Fatui Harbinger Childe," Xiao tilted his head. Zhongli knew where this was going.
"We no longer speak due to.... Communication issues," Zhongli looked up. It had effected him more than he realized. It stung, not a bee, a wasp sting. Maybe worst. (I would say sting ray but he don't know what that is 😬🔫) Xiao could see his behavior change. What was with all of them acting differently when talking about each other? Had they argued and no longer speak? Did something happen? Or even Morax's death did something. Made them hate each other. Xiao stood there silently, "Do you even have a home?" He asked. Zhongli shook his head, "I can't seem to hold enough money at a time. Kinda broke around here. And I don't get payed much either." Xiao nodded, but couldn't he live in the country side? Somewhere else? Why bother asking, this man could be the cause of Morax's death. Xiao sighed. This would be something way out his comfort zone, way awkward to. But he needed answers.
"You want to come with me? Like, I stay at an Inn and I can request you stay a few nights," Xiao bit his tongue. For Morax, he said to himself. Zhongli showed the slightest amount of shock. His plan wouldn't work as smooth as he wanted it to. He never expected Xiao to let a suspect in. Especially if the person killed Morax. Xiao noticed it too. Why did he act like that? What does that mean? Is there something Zhongli knows that he doesn't?
"Yes, of course if it's not to difficult to get me in," Zhongli went back to a small calm behavior. Xiao sighed, this man was purposely making it hard to read him. Protecting his emotions with a calm shield. Xiao nodded. They both walked toward the Inn