The Trouble with Babies

Start from the beginning

"You're right, you told me he was going back to work, he had forgotten about you. So that's why he only managed to come back to work last week. I haven't seen the man in almost four months and he looks like hell. He doesn't look like someone who's over you. He looks like someone who is barely hanging on. He's probably lost at least thirty pound since I last saw him. Why don't you ask Aydan hanim about the nightmares that he has? They're all about you. Oh wait, shame on me, I talk to Seyfi and Aydan hanim too. Why? because they're my friends. Do you talk to them? I don't think so, you cut them off too. I just think it's an excuse because you ran instead of acting like an adult."

It was an excuse and she knew it but Eda couldn't take the rejection from Serkan, she had fought so hard for him and then he turned on her, she didn't know why but then she had never asked either. She knew him, she knew something was eating him up but she left him and let him get eaten by his misery.

Eda changed her tactics, "My great love? He couldn't even be bothered to come to my graduation."

"He was there, both Ayfer and I saw him. He asked me not to say anything and of course Ayfer would never say anything, she hates him and will never give him credit for anything positive. When I saw him in the office on Monday he asked if I kept my promise, I told him I had. I tried to get him to talk to you but he said it was better you didn't see him, you were better off without him."

Eda tilted her chin aggressively at Melo, "He's right, I am better off without him."

Melo got up, she never lost her temper but today might just be a first, "I don't even know you. This mean person who is hiding a child from someone she supposedly loves endlessly isn't my best friend. Have a nice visit with Ayfer Eda, she's just as bitter and petty as you are right now. Enjoy Italy, enjoy your life."

"Melo!"

"What? You had a fight and you left. He said he didn't want kids, did you ask why? Did you ever think that there was a reason? No! You were stubborn, hormonal and left in a huff instead of cooling off and talking like adults. I'm not giving him any slack, he was a jerk too. But you know what? I've never been on the brink of death fighting cancer, I don't know what was going through his head. Maybe he really isn't cured did you ever think of that? Did you ever think that maybe he sent you away so you didn't have to watch him die?" she slammed out of the room.

Now that Melo had said it out loud it made so much sense to her. She knew her eniste loved Eda deeply and there had to be a reason why he sent her away. Melo needed to talk to Serkan, she loved him like a brother and wanted to help these two idiots figure things out. She called a cab and left the house before Eda had a chance to continue talking to her.

Eda sat back down on her bed. Could it be possible? Could Serkan still be sick? But the doctor had told them the cancer was gone, but why did Serkan still go to see the doctor? Had he made a mistake? Did Serkan send her away because he wanted to fight the cancer alone, he didn't want her to see him die? The tears that were always there when she thought of being without him overwhelmed her. Melo was right, he had a right to know about his daughter. If he chose not to be involved she had to be ready for it but he had to make that decision on his own. Eda wasn't strong enough to do it today, tomorrow though she would talk to him. Tonight she would pray that the world wouldn't be so cruel as to steal the one man that she truly and deeply loved.

The taxi let Melo off at the Bolat farm. She hadn't called to announce herself she didn't need Serkan telling her not to come. Melo walked over to the annex and saw him sitting on the patio staring off into the distance, his eyes unfocused. Serkan's hands were the only sign of his level of agitation, they were constantly moving, restless.

"Eniste? If you have a few minutes could I talk to you about a problem?"

Serkan was startled, he hadn't heard Melo approaching, "Melek, what's the problem? How can I help you?"

Game on! (Edser One Shots or Fun Shots)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara