Lily Luna chapter 5 - Secrets and surprises

Chapter 5- Secrets and Surprises

That afternoon I went to the shops with mum to get some food. They boys were left to tidy up for Christmas. I told mum how much I love the box and pictures but I didn't know what else to put inside. Mum replied "Don't worry you will find things to put inside. Things you love." I said "OK the time will come" mum said "when I was your age Ron had just become best friends with your dad and I adored him. You have seen the pictures in my room. Well my mother gave me a box when I was in year two after my experience in the chamber of secrets. This was so I could put the things I love in and my secrets" I replied with a smile" how sweet, I shall go and do likewise."

When we returned mum went to cook dinner, dad was with James playing with their snitches and talking Quidditch. Albus was reading his school books and I was left to myself. I sorted through my room trying to find my presents for Christmas. I collected them all in a bag and went down to help mum. She said she didn't need help but I knew she did and didn't want to admit it. I was shooed out of the kitchen so I wrapped up warm and went out for a walk in the snow. It was windy but the snow was still falling gently. It landed on my face and melted. There was lanterns up around the church so I walked through the gate and found Harry's parents grave. I sat down on the snowy ground and hugged my knees. I thought about how it must be to live here and to know that your grandchildren are living there now exploring your past. I felt something on my shoulder and turned around to see nothing. This made a shiver run down my back. I had not been gone long but this made me stand up and walk back with the crowd of people from the church. I went home but the others continued. It was like some kind of a parade. I stood for a moment outside the front door and wiped the melting snow from my coat and pulled out the ice from my hair. I knocked on the door and I was greeted by a grumpy Albus because I disturbed a good part in his book.

Once I had hung up my coat, put my hat, scarf and gloves on the shelf and taken off my boots I walked along the corridor and entered the kitchen. Mum was almost finished and said "I'm so sorry" and hugged me in relief like Molly Weasley does. I was confused at first and then mum whispered "Do you want me to help you find some pictures tonight?" She held my shoulders tightly at arm's length and I said "Yes, please." I helped her set the table and then called James and Dad to tea. I went upstairs to find Albus and shouted "Albus, Dinners ready!" He didn't appear at first but as I was walking back downstairs he came out of his bedroom and followed me downstairs looking a little flustered. Dinner was a nice time to warm up and be with my family. Everyone was discussing Quidditch. Mum loved Quidditch and played for the Holyhead Harpies when she was younger. I have never played but I always watch their matches and I also have a poster of mum in the team on my wall. It looks like fun. Now mum writes about Quidditch for the daily prophet which is also pretty cool. Dad still works as an auror and is now the head of department. I can't wait to enter the wizarding world for real.

In the evening I sorted through my collection of photos with mum I placed ones of my family through the years inside the box. I wanted to keep it special so I was selective. On one of the pictures of Rose and me there was a message on the back. It read "Lily, I will teach you about love, Lily you are just like me out and in. I will guide you so you can be like me. You cousin has met me before but does not know it." I smiled and put the picture down. I showed mum and she said "It's the homes past owners trying to teach you, don't worry and if you are just let me and harry know. We will help." I asked her "are you going to tell aunt Hermione?" she replied. "No because she will find out about rose when she's ready to." I smiled in relief.

I had collected a lot of pictures but the box was barely full. Mum made copies of all the pictures I wanted so I wasn't using the originals. I had pictures of me, my family, the Weasleys and even some of when mum and dad were at school. I found some pictures of my first Christmas and saw James and Albus excitedly putting up stockings with dad and decorating a tree. I was tiny and sat on mums lap the whole time. There was a sweet picture of me under the Christmas tree and my brothers playing with me and the wrapping paper. I got a copy of this one and mum said that she liked that picture. I found one behind another which was a picture of me, James, Albus, Rose, Hugo, Fred, Roxanne, Molly, Lucy, Teddy, Louis, Dominique & Victorie. It was cute to see us all together even though some of us were tiny. There was also one of all our parents and their friends. I put all these pictures in but still had lots of room.

Mum helped me to tidy up all the pictures and then she took me to the attic. I had never been up there before but it was not a dark dusty room as expected. Instead there was a bright space with lots of boxes. There was a table, sofa, double bed and lots of books. I knew someone had been up here tidying up. I sat on the sofa while mum got a box out. It contained a very old scrapbook. It belonged to Lily. But on the last page there was an envelope with a pile of letters. These were from Harry and James to theirs loves. I knew I shouldn't read them all now but mum gave the scrapbook to me and put it in my box. I felt bad that I would read mum and dads letters to each other and lily and James'. The room looked like a spare room for when Ron and Hermione were to stay over

Tomorrow was Christmas Eve and we would be preparing everything, we hadn't really decorated the house but we would be spending Christmas day with our grandparents. I already had all my gifts ready and they were packed up. I was expecting another jumper from Molly and Arthur, but other than that I had no idea what to expect.

VOTE! COMENT! SHARE!