The Mind is a Dangerous Place

Guys, I am so sorry for not updating last week! I tried, I really did. Thanks for sticking with me, those of you who did! This chapter's song is Tonight by Lykke Li.

XXXXXXXX

{Killian's POV}

I watched as Emma collapsed to the ground unconscious. I ran up to her and fell to the ground beside her. I yelled her name repeatedly and shook her, desperately trying to wake her up. But to no avail. Then Regina and Melody suddenly appeared beside me. I opened my mouth to explain but Melody just nodded to me. She already knew.

"Regina," She said. "Can you get us back to town?" Regina nodded and a cloud of smoke appeared around us. We appeared in David and Mary Margaret's loft, where the couple, Belle, the Crocodile, and Robin were waiting. Mel must have notified them. I noticed Regina cast a wary look at Robin, and I suddenly felt guilty about what Emma and I had done. But I pushed the guilt down because we had a bigger problem.

"What's wrong with her?" Mary Margaret asked through tears. 

Mel walked over to Emma, who was currently laying on the couch, and bent down by her head.

"Maleficent worked her way into her head," She said with certainty. "She planted voices in there. They are voices that bring out your worst fear. And the worst part is, The voices sound like the people closest to her. Basically, it's like a walking nightmare. Right, Killian?"

Everyone looked at me, shocked that I would know anything about this. I nodded my head solemnly. 

"Once she falls unconscious," Melody continued, "she gets visuals. She sees all of the people closest to her telling her the last things she wants to hear. It's absolutely horrifying. Believe me. I've gone through it myself." I could hear the pain in her voice. I know what she went through when she was put under the spell. What she saw. What she heard. I got up, went over to her, and wrapped my arm around her. I may not have seen her for 200 years, but I still felt the need to protect her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mary Margaret bump David's shoulder and smile at me. 

"I can go into her head and try to pull her out of the spell, if that is ok with Mary Margaret and David." She looked at them expectantly. Mary Margaret nodded her head. "Ok then," Melody said. I removed my arm from around her shoulder. "Lets get started."

Melody stood above Emma's head and placed her pointer and middle fingers to the temples of Emma's head. She told us not to bother her and closed her eyes. We waited for about five minutes, and then I informed everyone that this could take a while. 

"You seem to know an awful lot about magic and spells all of the sudden," David said to me suspiciously.

"Mel and I have a complicated past with Maleficent. I have experienced most of her magic firsthand." 

"Would you care to explain that 'complicated past' of yours?" Regina said snappily.

"Well, don't get your knickers in a knot," I say with a smirk that was returned with glares. "I would rather wait til Emma is awake. This is something I only want to explain once." 

Everyone went back to their conversations. David walked up to me and stood beside me.

"You think Melody can save her?" David asked.

"I am positive. If anyone can save Emma, that girl can," I responded.

"You know," David starts, "It's about time we had a little chat about your intentions with my daughter. I know you are making an effort to change, and I understand. But your past precedes you. You were a pirate, and I don't know how much I trust you. So I want you to know, if you break my little girl's heart, I will break your neck. Understand?" I gulped and nodded my head. "Good. Remember, I will be watching you. Always watching." He made the 'I'm watching you' sign to me and walked over to his wife.