🌟 Prologue 🌟

All was quiet; the moon shone brightly, though once in a while, clouds floated in front of it, blocking the view. A cool breeze swept through the camp. A calico tom sat on a boulder, staring up at the moon. His fur blew in the wind, but it didn't seem to bother him. Behind him, another cat appeared.

"CedarStar, you should come inside. It's dark," A black tabby she-cat mewed, padding up to him.

"No, not yet, SootWhisker." CedarStar replied, not pausing to look at the she-cat. "The twolegs are getting closer to the borders. Patrols have seen them." He looked worried for a moment, then shook the feeling off. "I'm worried about WindClan...." The leader paused for a moment, then looked to SootWhisker's swollen belly. "I'm worried about our kits."

SootWhisker smiled, looking at her stomach. "I know. I am, too," She mewed, brushing against CedarStar's side. "But It'll be okay. I promise."

CedarStar hesitantly left the stone, following SootWhisker to the leader's den. He and his mate curled up in the den. The two said nothing, and CedarStar felt SootWhisker's breathing slow as she fell asleep, and eventually, his eyes felt heavy, and he drifted off to sleep, curling his tail around the she-cat.

"He's been taken! Wake UP!" A sudden voice broke through the silence as CedarStar woke. "They took CrowNose!" The WindClan leader jumped to his defenses, glancing at his sleeping mate, he rushed over to the warrior, IceHeart. "What happened?" He demanded as other cats slowly started waking and groggily exiting dens, forming an interested circle around IceHeart and CedarStar. "The twolegs!" She panted. She looked out of breath. IceHeart must have been in a rush to get here..."They...they took CrowNose...!"

She breathed, her chest heaving with heavy breaths.