Chapter 2 (Kalmar/Sara)

Kalmar slipped off of the back of the dragon he, Nia, and Arundelle were riding. The two women slipped off of the dragons back after Kal. Artham walked over to them with Oskar following.

"So, are we ready to go?" Artham asked Kalmar.

Kalmar nodded his head. "Are the dragons gonna come with us?"

Hulwen cooed at Artham. "She says that they'll wait here in Clovenfast."

Leeli and Sara came up to the group. "Well, we should go." Leeli said.

"I agree. The more ground we can cover by day, the sooner we'll get to the well." Nia said.

And so the group was off.

They traveled till sundown, and the family made camp. Everyone argued on whether or not to continue looking for the well at night, until Sara had made the point that it would still be there in the morning. 

As the family settled in for the night. Sara hoped and prayed to the Maker silently that the water from the well would work. She had so many things she wanted to tell him, about what happened after he escaped the Fork Factory, about Dugtown, and about her rapidly growing feelings towards him. Sara's hope grew. Maybe, just maybe that Janner would come back, and that maybe he would feel the same as her.

When the family woke up, their attitude was a mix of excitement and grumpiness. Everyone knew that they were close to the well, so everyone was trying to hurry when packing, making them all more stressed. Sara was the only one who was able to calmly pack her stuff. She was lost in thought of Janner, and what the day would hold, so she wasn't paying attention to the stressful actions of the rest of the family.

Once the entire family was packed up, they all set off walking.