Chapter 15

Mike's POV

I went back to my cell and there was Archer on his bed reading a book.

-"Are you a book worm or something?"- I asked him teasingly.

-"Oh come on, Mike. There's nothing better to do here so I get some books and its kind of entertaining if you know which ones to read"- said Richard as he got off and stood in front of me. "What's with the long face, man?"

Archer placed a hand on my shoulder as I gave him a half smile. Nodding, I handed him the paper of release they had given me earlier. He took it in one hand and read it slowly. Then, he looked up at me again.

-"You're finally free? That's great!"- he said as he wrapped his arms around me and patted my back.

Then he stepped away from be and handed me the paper again. He seemed genuinely happy for me, and that made me kind of sad because he has also been waiting for his freedom and will have to wait longer for it.

-"Im sorry man...I'm sorry I can't stay until ends of July...its ends of June and I shouldn't..."- I tried saying but he cut me off by punching my arm.

-"Shut up. You sound like an old lady"- he said as he smirked.

-"You dying old man, who are you calling old lady?"- I said as we both burst into laugher.

I began folding the few things I had here and some guards brought all the things they confiscated from me the day I was brought here.
Everything felt kind of nostalgic. I had my headphones back and my iPod. They told me that my piercings would me given outside for security issues. Still I was going home, and thats all I wanted.

-"Isn't it great? You will leave before the next semester starts. That's great. Be sure to visit or write from time to time or I'll get bored in here."- said Archer.

I simply nodded.

. . .

That night I tossed around on my bed and I didn't know what to think of or what to do.

-"Can't sleep?"- I heard Archer's voice from below. "You must be excited to leave this place. Nervous?"

-"Anxious"- I replied.

-"You'll be fine. You had no reason to be here in the first place. You have a future ahead, so belive in yourself and you'll do just fine out there, you worrywart"-

-"Fine, fine. I got it already, old man"-

-"Don't be ridiculous"-

-"Hahaha. Stop interfering with my sleep now, okay?"-

-"Whatever, cranky old lady"-

-"Hey!"-

-"Night!"-

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling as I smiled to myself. This was the last night I'd spend here and probably the last time I'd see this guy. It has been some fun jail days with him around.

. . .

The next morning he was at the dinning hall all by himself reading a book. I was walking upstairs and I looked at him as I smiled.

-"Hey, dying old man!"- I shouted.

He looked up at me and I did some thumbs up at him. He smiled back at me and did a military salute. I nodded feeling secure that he'd be alright. And so, my jail days were over but Archer still had ways to go.

. . .

Richard'S POV

I watched Mike leave as I felt tears in my eyes. I kept smiling and saluting until he was fully out of my sigh. Slowly lowering hand, I felt a tear run down my face.