Chapter 6

Richard's POV

The sky was gray and since mom was still getting used to the divorce, she had sumerged herself into work and would often forget to pick me up at school, though today I had the option to call my grandmother...but I rather be alone here today.

There's no one around campus at this time so, why should I continue worrying about my family problems so maturely?

Just as I thought that, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Of course I was still a kid and if I kept holding my tears in, who knows what could happen to me... I crouched down and began sobbing ucontrollably as I desperately tried to wipe my tears away.

Maybe Riki is still here...I don't want her to see me crying. Last time she told me her mom came to pick her late. What if it happened today too? I should worry more about her...

That's when I saw a pair of foots standing in front of me. I looked up and saw this boy looking down at me a little serious.

-"What are you crying for?"- he said.

-"Ah...forget you saw me!"- I cried as I turned around and desperately wiped my tears away.

It was embarrassing to be seen crying by another boy.

-"Ah...sorry. I didn't mean to. Looks like its going to rain and they are going to close the gates soon, for what I heard from the guard. There's an old lady nearby asking for a boy who studies here. Might that be you?"- he said.

-"Grandma?"- I said instantly.

-"You should go ahead and check out. By any chance, is there someplace I can take cover while I'm outside the campus? Its gonna downpour"-

-"Ah...nearby theres a big tree that can cover you up from the heavy rains. I heard that from a friend who often goes there when it rains. You should check it out."-

He tilted his head and thought about it for a moment and then looked up at the sky again. Realizing he had no other choice he thanked me and ran off.

Since that stranger helped me...I felt obliged to help him back. Besides, he looks like a good person. I just hope Riki got home already. And if not, she might not be alone today because he seems like a good guy to make company.

Narrator's POV

The boy that Richard helped was running off to where he had told him to in order to get some cover from the rain. Just as he was reaching his destiny, he bumps with someone with his forehead.

-"Ow...!"- cried the girl in front of him.

It was Rikilda Sliwinsky who had bumped against him. Just like Richard had predicted, she had stayed around campus or the area and had headed towards the tree to take cover from the rain.

-"Ah, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump against you! I should had been looking where I was going! Please forgive me! I know I'm always clumsy and all but I really didn't mean to you know!"- she began apologizing desperately and way too much compared to what she had done.