Chapter 2

It was raining and you could hear some running steps that at times would end in splashes. Her feet were bare and the hem of her skirt was soaked. She finally found a building to cover up from the rain and sighed in relief. She was holding her sandals in one hand and her bag in the other. A young man got our from the building and closing slowly the door behind him, he looked at the rain.

-"Damn it. I think I might not be able to get out of here for a while..."- he said as he ran a hand through his blonde hair.

The young woman looked up at him and smiled to herself.

-"They said it would be quite rainy this afternoon, but I begged that it would change somehow...guess it didn't no matter what"- she said.

He looked at her and laughed. Then he walked right next to her and stretched his hand.

-"I'm Ricardo. Ricardo Archer"-

- "Irwin, Mikaela Irwin"-

They both shook hands and the way she looked at him was quite special. She was still in her teens even if her appearance made her look older.

Years later

Mikaela had married Ricardo and now they were together at the doctor. They were doing a sonogram and she was quite nervous.

-"Well, congratulations Mr & Mrs. Archer. You made the right choice to come here even if all the other tests said negative. You will be parents, that's for sure"- said the doctor.

Ricardo looked down at his wife with a dashing smile and tenderly kissed her cheek.

. . .

Richard's POV

And that's how they found out that I was now part of their lives. I was a puny little thing at the beginning but even so, I was full of life. I would often feel mom caressing her belly and I would feel the warmth of her hand all the way to where I was. As months kept passing I continued growing.

For some reason, I liked it here, inside the womb. I had nothing to worry about, I could swim all day, ask for any food I wanted, I didn't have a care in the world except stay here and assure that my mother remembered that I was with her. At times I would get bored and would entertain myself spinning around while holding the cord.

I say, I was a great spinner! The only thing is that I would sometimes lose the grip and hit a wall.

-"Honey! The baby just moved!"- said mom excitedly on the outside as dad would quickly place his hand over her and look for me.

But of course, I didn't do that on purpose, I simply slipped. While I was having my happy moments, I also kind of regreted being here all the time. My mother would often tell me about this world outside and how wonderful it was. She would insist that I had to meet my father who was a charming man and she wanted to hold me in her arms already. At those times, I would feel that staying here was a jail.

Well, it sort of was because I couldn't do much but swim and spin and ask for food. I couldn't do anything else in here.