Chapter 3

Richard's POV

I feel a hand on my head and I can't help but loot at the direction of the person who is doing this to me.

-"Don't space out so much, Archer! I've been talking to you for a while now and you've ignored me."- complained Mike as he looked seriously at me.

-"Ah...I'm sorry ,Mike. I really didn't mean to."-I said as I stood up from the table and threw the foam plate and utensils in the trash can.

It was another ordinary day in jail. I have been in here for a week or two I think...and if it weren't for Mike, I might had gone crazy in here.

-"Archer, isn't it?"- said one of the cops as he approached me.

-"Ah...yes, sir"- I managed to say even if I was still a little startled.

-"Detective Wollet---I mean Lewis is looking for you."-

-"The detective? What is she doing all the way here?"-

-"No questions, Archer. Just follow me and see the detective, that's all"-

I sighed and followed them as I left Mike behind. I would had appreciated if someone had come with me, but I was certian that this was all about private matters so...I couldn't just involve others so easily. Besides, I have never seen the detective, reason why I am so nervous.

We stopped at an interrogation room and I entered and sat down in front of a woman who was quite calm and smiled at me as if it was okay. The cops left the room and only the woman and I stayed there.

-"Richard Archer, right?"- she asked politely.

-"Yes. You must be the detective my sister often talked about. Thank you for your constant help"- I said.

-"Ah...sure. Well, lets go down to business, shall we?"-

She took out a few papers and placed them before me. There were pictures of Riki, some of Antwan and some of my mother and myself. Only a picture of my father and Hilda were there.

-"We have found this case quite interesting since the culprit isn't even so great to hide her tracks. We are certain someone is hiding them for her. By any chance, you know someone who could help Mikaela in any way possible no matter what she has done?"- asked the detective.

I took the picture of my mother between my hands. I missed her dearly, I didn't want her to end up with such horrible days in jail, but she had to pay for what she did...I wasn't certain if I was of any help, but for all the trouble I've caused I will say anything I know.

-"Well, I did know she had a boyfriend, and I'm certain he'd help her no matter what. But I don't know what he works in or if he could be capable of covering her tracks."- I answered honestly even if it would break my heart.

-"What about the gun?"- she asked.

-"What gun?"-

-"The one you used to shoot Hilda. I'm certain you didn't bring that with you. Where did you get that?"-

Ah. The gun I used to kill Hilda...that's right. I didn't bring that with me at all...

-"I found it."- I answered.

-"You found it? Where?"- she was very curious about this.

-" I received a note when I entered saying to look under my bench. and so I did. And found a gun there with tape. I was so furious that I simply took the gun...but I didn't know I would really do it...I regret all that...and I know I totally got this place as my reward"-