I could never lie to Cara, she'll know something is wrong immediately.

"Give me the phone.." I told Taehyung.

He looked a bit scared himself, for me.

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath before answering, trying to sound as casual as I could.

"Yes-"

"I need you to get that story on the Kim's out right now." She cut me off, sounding enraged.

Woah.

Woah, woah, woah.

"What happened ?" I asked, immediately walking out of the room for privacy.

"That fucking.." She took a breath, trying to calm herself down. "Kim Namjoon convinced the vice president to embezzle money from Revaz Enterprises to save his pathetic company.. Evangeline Revaz will be arriving in town within two hours to help solving this."

My eyes went wide, eyebrows furrowing.

That man is insane and petty.

But he's also smart and apparently, good at convincing people.

The vice president of Revaz Enterprises worked there for decades, he was coaching Cara too, yet, Kim Namjoon still managed to make him breach his loyalty.

I had to admit, it was a bit impressive.

"Did he target Revaz Enterprises over the incident at the restaurant ?" I asked, trying to get the awfully tight jacket off of me.

"No, he must be upset about the day he barged in my office to get closure but got humiliated instead." She answered, the click of her heels loud over the phone.

My movements paused.

I've never heard about that.

"What are you talking about ?" I asked, frozen in place.

"Well I didn't tell you because it's irrelevant." She answered.

"Cara I'm your husband, I would like to at least know that you had a conversation with your ex-fiancé who hates us."

I didn't know how to feel.

I trusted her enough to have nothing to worry about, but I would've liked to know that it happened right when it did.

"I promise I'll tell you everything when we get home, okay ? But for now you have to get that story out Jeon Jungkook, none only I want him to go down but the public opinion will completely switch on him and we'll get support from everyone for sure.. It's good for both of our companies and remember, we're still trying to establish ourselves as a powerful household name in high society so we'll definitely get sympathy points for that, but also because obviously, it shows that we're working together and that our marriage is diamond-level solid and unbreakable." She said, her voice quite frantic due to how busy she must be.

I didn't know how to feel.

I understood that there was a time and place for everything and what she said wasn't wrong at all, but I wanted to know more about the conversation they had.

Why would he-

Oh.

Oh no.

That's jealousy.

I shouldn't be jealous, especially of that guy, but God I couldn't help it.

Matter of fact, I wasn't jealous but enraged.