01 : Appearances.

☆★☆★→   𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐭   ←☆★☆★

☆★☆★→ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐭 ←☆★☆★

"Ugh.."

When I woke up the next day, it felt like someone was continuously hitting my head with a hammer.

I didn't consume that much alcohol, but the loud music and adrenaline surely got to my head, in a literal meaning.

"Hello miss Cara, how was your sleep ?"

"Horrible."

The Revaz's were one of the most opulent families in the country, and I happened to be the one and only heir of the empire.

My father passed away when I was younger, which meant that my mother was currently handling the real-estate empire by herself and she was nowhere near soft.

Even if I counted on both my fingers and toes, I wouldn't have enough room to name everyone who got fired over the smallest mistake.

In Mother's world, mistakes don't exist.

They're not tolerated.

And that strictness wasn't only for employees but also for me, her daughter.

Ever since Father passed away, the pressure on his sole and unique heir has been huge.

It was hard, but I won't try to be humble : I was smart enough to caught on things quickly and tough enough to handle the mental pressure.

It wasn't a surprise to me that mother wanted to choose who my future husband would be, after all, it was perfectly logical since she already tightly monitored who was in my circle, because those people were now associated with the Revaz name.

"Berta can you please run the bath ?" I asked, stretching my arms above my head as I sat up on my bed.

"Sure thing miss Cara, breakfast is already for you." She answered, preparing herself to leave the room.

"And Mother ?"

She froze for a few seconds before turning to me with a sad smile that told me everything I needed to know, a long sigh leaving my lips as I slipped my pink slippers on, tightening my robe around me.

It was rare of Mother to be home, always traveling from city to city in the different offices to keep everyone in check with her iron fist or to completely different countries to meet associates and shareholders.

When she was home however, it was never for long and I never knew when to expect her, except for Chistmas.

But even at a distance, she made sure to keep applying pressure on me by calling be at the most impromptu hours to ask me the randomest things.

I was used to it by now.. I guess.

I didn't lose more time and started getting ready for my classes, taking a nice bath, doing my skincare, all the little things that a stereotypical pussy-owner liked to do.