NETEYAM

The boat groaned in the weight of the Tulkun

The boat groaned in the weight of the Tulkun. Soldiers cried out as Payakan rocked, sending waves over the deck dangerously. He waved his fins at his sides, knocking over human after human.

"Brother!" Lo'ak kicked a soldier in its suit of stilts into the path of Payakan's fin, stumbling before being flattened.

His tail swung harshly against the machinery; its sparking flames and the fires of the guns bouncing off of his armour. Tefiti's head flicked back to the army of Metkayina. They stood up on their tsuraks as they approached the ship.

The boats looped around the face Payakan, who writhed on the ship, firing cannons at his face. He squeaked, diving back into the water before any damage could be done to him.

Quaritch gathered his group of avatars, swinging his hand in the air in an agjtated manner. They jumped onto their ikran hastily, pulling them into the air with such force Tefiti was certain the ikran would go plummeting back into the water from the overwhelming force. A helicopter appeared in the grey sky, flying above the battlefield where the Metkayina fought.

Tefiti's head flicked back to the others, who where completely distracted by the confusion around them. The sound of explosions and war crimes drowned out her thoughts as her eyes flicked around the floor for a sharp object to cut them free.

An explosion in the fans above the ship made the girl flick her head to the sound in confusion. Golden flames dripped from around the fan, creeping along the metal surface until it had infected all the fans on the left side. It powered the boat at full speed, heading towards an island in the distance.

The four screamed as they were lifted into the air. The sound of scraping, crunching metal bellow them made Tefiti shudder as they hit the ground, holding on for dear life.

"Are you okay?" Lo'ak glanced around them, a spray of water landing on the deck. The sound of sirens made the girl frown. "That doesn't sound good." Soldiers ran across the platform, on the bridges above, in the windows. Tuk began to cry as the sirens became louder, flashing yellow lights illuminating her tears as Lo'ak kicked the metal railing.

Then, he appeared. Neteyam, climbing onto the deck swiftly, pulling out his knife. "Neteyam!"

"You need help, baby brother?" He smiled, cutting Tsireya and Tuk free. "Come on, get us loose."

"Get Tuk out of here." He pointed at the edge of the platform, his eyes narrowing at Tsireya. She nodded, pulling Tuktirey towards the water who quietly obeyed. "Hurry up!"

His gentle blue hands held Tefiti firmly as he cut her free. Their eyes met, green and yellow locking onto eachother. He cupped her face with one hand gently, pulling it away to help Lo'ak.

"Who's the mighty warrior? Come on, say it." He grinned at Lo'ak who scoffed, grinning back in disbelief. "Bro!" "Come on, let's go."

"Neteyam." Tefiti ran her hand down his back to his empty hand. He smiled at her, squeezing her fingers. "I told you I'd be back?" He turned around, his eyes widening. "Lo'ak!"