TULKUN

"Aonung, you seriously need to cut it out with the Sully boys

"Aonung, you seriously need to cut it out with the Sully boys." Tefiti mumbled.

"i don't know what you're talking about." Aonung scoffed. Aonung had been sitting beside infront of Tefiti as she took out his thick braids of shiny black hair. The rest of their friends rested lazily on the sand and rocks next to them.

"Dont be a skxawng. You think I don't see you trying to intimidate them? Especially Neteyam, leave that poor boy alone, seriously." Tefiti rolled her green eyes at the boy's ignorance.

"Don't act so innocent. He's always got his forest freak hands all over you, it makes me feel ill. If I were you I would've swung on him." Tefiti pulled his hair back harshly making him yell in pain.

"I'm not done." She sung innocently.

"He's right Fifi. Neteyam is trouble." Ta'nat chimed in from where he lay in the sand. Aonung nodded toward him in thanks, which Tefiti rolled her eyes to.

"Neteyam couldnt be trouble even if he wanted to. Not with a father like his." Aonung kissed his teeth at her response.

"Whatever. You're taking forever, hurry up." Tefiti jabbed him in the side playfully, which he pulled her to the floor quickly. She screamed, pulling his fingers off of her lower back.

"The Tulkun!"

"Aonung, Tulkun!" The girl laughed, pushing him off of her to stand up. She hastily tied Aonung's hair back into a bun before pulling him to the sea.

The group jumped onto their ilus, streamlining towards the splashing in the distance. Tefiti spun her ilu towards the village as fast as she could.

She flicked her hair above the water to his golden eyes staring back at her from a higher platform. She waved her hands frantically for him to jump.

"Come on, come on!" Neteyam jumped into the water. He slid himself onto the back of her ilu, his hands holding her gently by the hips. "What's going on?"

"My sister has returned." she tuned her head to him, her face creased with a wide smile. She dived under the waves, weaving around the other Metkayina who jumped into the water and swam infront of them.

Tefiti pulled up above the surface, touching Neteyam's thigh then pointing. "Look, my spirit sister! Right there!"

A tulkun leaped into the air, squeaking loudly as it splashed back into the water. it's belly was covered in the same tattoos which covered Tefiti as she diced into the water.

Neteyam followed her as she swam up to its face, smiling with glee. Tulkun surrounded Neteyam as he tried to get closer, bobbing at the surface.

"Sister, i see you." Tefiti signed to the Ro'in who spoke back to her.

"I see you, sister. How are you?" Tefiti smiled, turning to Neteyam who bobbed curiously at the surface of the water.

"A lot has happened sister. I met a boy." Ro'in squeaked in joy for the girl, who swam in circles.