She thought for two minutes and the  sat beside him careful not to touch him.

"Bas baat krni thi. I want to know ypu Pari. I know you pretend to be fine but something is troubling you, something is bothering you. And I know you won't tell us apne aap but I want to be the person you can share your thoughts and feelings with. I want to be your friend Pari."

He said and she looked down feeling emotional all of a sudden.

"Aise achanak ye khayal kyu aaya aapko?"

He smiled guiltily and said.

"I realised that whatever happened that night wasn't your fault. It was no one's fault. Jitna mai usme phasa tha utni tum bhi. We both didn't know each other but still got bound in that marriage. Husband wife na sahi lekin hum atleast dost toh ban skte hai na. We can fugure out this relationship later on."

He said and she smiled looking at him. She nodded and he smiled.

"Let's start with an introduction. Hi. I am Anush Verma. I am 28 years old. I am in the business of import and export. And I love to star gaze."

She smiled and turned to him.

"I am Pari Chauhan. I am 25 years old. I ran a bakery back in my hometown and I love to listen to music."

He smiled and asked.

"You bake?"

She nodded and he said.

"Toh hume ab tak aap haath ki delicacies khaane ko kyu nhi mili?"

He said with a complaining expression and she chuckled. She didn't know conversation with him could be this easy.

"Mauka hi nhi mila kabhi."

"Hmm. Kal when I return from work I want to eat something made by you."

He demanded she nodded with a chuckle. The conversation continued and the two told each other about themselves.

"Tumhari family mai kaun kaun hai?"

Anush knew the moment the question left his mouth that it was a wrong move. The way her expression changed from happy and laughing to pain and sadness.

"Umm-family... I had my father, my mother and a younger brother. Bas chhoti se family thi meri."

The 'had' got him but he didn't question further. She would tell him when she was comfortable.

He quickly changed the topic and asked.

"I am curious about how you met Vineeta. I mean she says you are her college best friend lekin tum toh Delhi se nhi ho."

Pari smiled remembering her college days and narrated him how she came to Delhi to study and how she and Vineeta met and instantly clicked.

Anush felf satisfied seeing her smiling again. But he knew his question had dug up something deep inside her.

'I hope you tell me one day Pari. I really hope.'

He thought with a smile.

Time passed and the two sneaked on to the terrace every alternate day. They would talk till late not realising the time.

By the end of two weeks Anush was clear that he felt something for her. Something deeper than just attraction or infatuation. Something pure and pious. She was slowly becoming his habit, his addiction and his love.

Even when she would not he around he would smile like a maniac thinking about his moments with her.

His staff at work had literally started thinking of him as a psycho.

Pari on the other already found his extremely hot and handsome and she knew she had developed a crush on him.

She didn't know what to call him. Was he her best friend's brother, her husband or just a friend.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️