Seventeen

Seventeen

Shane

Oddly, it was really awkward sitting there.

Hunter was still upstairs getting ready, and Joey was helping him get sorted. That just left Charles and I sitting awkwardly in the living room whilst we waited.

He sat in his suit, and he did look great. Even combed back his hair for a change. Poor kid looked just as awkward as I felt.

"You know sir, I care a lot about your son, and I promise I will take care of him" he said seriously, slicing through the silence. I could see it in his eyes that he meant it too.

"Thank you. It's obvious how much you care about each other, and you're a really good kid, Charles. Much better then that other fucker" I said shaking my head. If I had to sit here with Noah, things would have been very different. I want Hunter to be happy. And I think with Charles, he could be.

"Yeah well, he got what he deserved" Charles said, awkwardly shifting his chair. I watched the way he shifted in his seat, and the way his eyes were darting about and his breathing changed. That's when I realised.

"You did it didn't you? You beat up Noah?" I asked.

"I did yes. He deserved more for hurting Hunter that way. He didn't have the right to touch him" he said, getting visibly angry. I stood from my chair and walked over to him. He looked nervous, like maybe he expected me to hit him. But instead I put my hand out to him.

"Thank you" I smiled, shaking his hand. I would have loved to do it personally, but this is okay too. I know he'll take care of my baby.

"Okay okay" I heard Joey rush from the stairs, skipping down as he beamed. Marcy was right behind him in her pink princess onesie, looking excited. Of course joey was filming the whole thing. "Here he is!"

Then, Hunter started walking down the stairs. He too had his best tight fitting navy suit on, with a floral slim tie. He really did look amazing. I couldn't even help but beam brightly at him, he was so happy.

Charles was standing there, eyes wide and mouth open gaping at him. It was as if he'd seen the love of his life for the first time. I thought he was about the puke.

"How do I look?" Hunter asked him, but Charles could barely form any words. There were definite hearts over his eyes when he looked at my son. To answer his question, Charles slipped an arm under his shit jacket to hold Hunter's waist, the other one found the back of his neck and he kissed him so deeply.

Joey cried, but tried to keep it together. He took lots of photos, and before long, they were off to the dance. As they drove out of sight, I had to wipe away a tear. Our baby's all grown up now.