iv. gather round!

Dedicated to PopperPaper
(Hey!
Turns out I managed to finish this chapter, haha)

____________________

"Gather round!"

"Shut up."

"Gather round!"

"I said, shut up."

"Stop fighting, you two." Selina sighed.

She was in the middle of the two, tired of their bickering. Her eyes travel along the well lit street filled with shops. They have a mission today, and Goo was leading the way.

"Is this the place?" Goo kicked a door open.

"I think so." Gun answered.

Selina checked her phone map, "I think so too."

Goo then gave a wicked smile.

"Gather around if you wanna join the four major crews!" He shouted.

"Keep it down, or else." Gun said as he tidied up his collar.

Selina's eyes went to a familiar face in Big Deal and cringed. She quickly looked away, not wanting anything to do with him.

Shit was about to go down.

__________

It was Goo's turn to do the introductions. Selina had sat down on a crate, next to Gun who was watching the fight intently. Selina watched along, impressed how when Goo turned serious, he looked so different.

She ignored that one specific stare from one specific someone, impatiently tapping her hand on top of her feet. Gun must've found it annoying because he put his hand on top of hers.

"You thinking about something?" He asked, slightly looking at her, but didn't take his eye off from the fight.

"How'd you know?" She asked back.

"That hand tapping is a habit of yours." He pointed out.

"Ah." She shook her head. "It's... Nothing."

Gun shrugged. "Suit yourself."

They continued watching Goo's fight with Sinu Han. Eventually a guy came to the two and dared to pinch Gun's cheeks. Selina found it funny how Gun was holding back on his anger since he had promised her earlier.

Selina had enough of Gun and Goo fighting so she made a promise with Gun to not fight and hold on his temper. It wasn't hard to make Goo behave. He doesn't pick fights, but he's naturally 'annoying' to people. She was already used to him and doesn't mind his noisy personality. He was endearing.

Selina watched the fight back. Goo was amazing. Should she ask him to teach her how to master weaponry? Gun would be jealous though...

She gasped as Goo's stab to Sinu with the metal chopstick was blocked by Jake's hand. She even stood up in shock, making Gun look at her confusedly, but stood up along with her, calling James on his phone.

Big Deal was in charge of Gangseo then.

Gun proceeded to explain everything as he light up his cigar, making both Selina and Goo cringe and cover their noses.

Eventually everything was done, and they had to leave. She was stopped by a hand stopping hers by the wrist.

"Selina Choi..." Jake muttered. "Why are you with them?"

The interaction caught the eye of Big Deal members, and of course Gun and Goo who looked protective of her.

"Jake..." She looked away, not really wanting to answer. "I... Uh..."

Goo stepped up and swatted Jake's hand away from her wrist.

"She's with us because she wants to." Goo was serious.

Gun stepped up from her other side. "Got a problem with that?"

Jake analysed her expression. Selina looked quite happy when Gun and Goo stepped up to protect her. At least they were protecting her well and making her happy...

"Fine. As long as you're happy." Jake sighed, giving up. "Just... Keep living."

"Thanks, I will."

She ignored the two men's curious eyes behind her.

"Let's go, I'm hungry." Selina rubbed her stomach. "I'll explain everything while we eat."

And then they all exited the building to go eat.

__________

"So... That Jake guy is my childhood friend." Selina explained. Goo was eating his noodles while Gun was drinking soju.

"Where'd you know him from?" Goo asked while slurping the noodle broth.

"Um, our parents were friends. I think" Selina answered, unsure.

"Did he know about your relationship with your parents?" Gun asked.

"Kind of. He knows something was going on, tried to help me and all... But I pushed him away." Selina sighed and drank her water.

The men waited for her to finish drinking so they could ask more. Selina put her glass down and continued eating.

"Then... What did he mean by... 'Just keep living'... Selly?" Goo asked sadly. Gun was frowning.

Selina stopped munching her food and carefully put her spoon down. She was hoping they didn't caught on.

"I see you guys caught on on that." Selina's eyes went back and forth between the two. She lowered her headm

"It was a dark time on my life that I wish to not go through again. Had a big fight with my mother... And felt like I was useless if I don't continue my training." Selina held her head up. "Buuuut, turns out I am not."

Selina smiled, genuine. "It was bad at first, the learning curve was quite high. But hey, eventually I got through it all and now I'm here with you guys."

"You don't have thoughts like that anymore right?" Gun asked.

"Nope. I'm busy thinking about what to cook for you guys when you two get home." She grinned.

"Oh Selly!" Goo moved closer to hug her. "I love you! Don't ever die! I'll miss your cooking!"

Selina chuckled and hugged him back, patting his shoulder. "I love you too! I'll continue living for you guys, and for myself."

"Good." Gun reached across the shoulder to pat her head. "If you ever go, I don't know how I'll handle Goo alone."

Goo turned his head around to give Gun a glare.

"That's it. I've had enough of your slander. You're paying for today," Goo quickly finished his food, and finished his drink.

He stood up suddenly and gently took Selina's hand in his.

"I'm stealing Selly away~" He mocked Gun who looked like he was about to throw the table.

Said girl was confused, but followed along as Goo led her who knows where.

"...Am I being kidnapped?"

"Of course not Selly!" Goo tried to convince her.

"Sure..."

____________________

A/N

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check out my other stories:

HARDCORE [Lookism | OC × Various]
MY IDOL [Lookism | DG × OC]
CIRCLES [Viral Hit | Seong Taehoon × OC]

Follow my profile to get updates on the ongoing stories!