Chapter 16: Arriving at UA

Start from the beginning

The kid jogged up to him and whispered a small apology, "sorry..."

Aizawa simply grunted and began to walk with the kid trailing slighting behind to his left. He couldn't help the small smile that tugged at his lips when he saw the kid looking around in awe and excitement with a hint of nervousness.

But Aizawa knew that it was natural for these kids to be nervous about today, Hitoshi had complained about not being taken to the café to see Izuku when Aizawa had texted him earlier. His son had begged Aizawa to get Izuku to come with him since Hitoshi was going to be bored alone with just teachers.

Sighing once more, Aizawa led to problem child up some stairs and towards to teachers' lounge. He was too tired for pleasantries so he knocked on the door and then immediately shuffled inside.

The other teachers gave him varying levels of 'good mornings' while his loud husband nearly busted his eardrums, even without his quirk activated. With his own grumbled 'morning', Aizawa walked over to his desk.

There was a silence as all the teachers were looking towards him, glancing at the door and back. He watched Izuku from the corner of his eye, the kid shuffled in giving a shy wave and a soft morning to the teachers, a bright smile on his face. Abruptly, the previously occupied and tired teachers were turned towards Aizawa and his husband, asking them if they had adopted another kid.

"Since when did you two adopt another son?"

"Shouta~ Why didn't you tell me about this adorable bean?"

"Never expected him to adopt another."

Aizawa didn't miss the small flinch that Izuku had at the noise and barrage of questions. For some reason, that made Aizawa more upset than normal. No, the kid wasn't his, but had grown attached to the boy who made heavenly coffee.

With his eyes glowing red and hair floating up, Aizawa glared across the room, silencing everyone but Yamada who was calming down from his laughter. Before anyone else could say anything, there was a knock at the door and Hitoshi walked in.

"You're finally here!"

Aizawa watch as the problem child's shoulders relaxed at seeing his friend, quickly walking over to him with a greeting. Hitoshi looked over at Aizawa, "can I show Izuku around UA?"

Aizawa simply nodded and gave them a look, "just don't cause trouble."

After getting confirmation, the two boys walked out talking about where to go first, their voices slowly receding as they moved further away. Sighing, Aizawa slumped into his chair. Yamada was currently explaining that Izuku wasn't their son, and how they knew him from the coffee shop.

Aizwa shook his head and turn to the stack of papers he needed to organize before the exams.

~ ~ ~

(back to Izuku POV)

UA was enormous.

If Izuku didn't have Hiotshi or the a small map of the school his friend had given him, he could get lost. There were so many classrooms and facilities to see, even if he couldn't see the ones currently being prepped for the exams.

They were about finished when Izuku felt his bag shift and he froze, Hitoshi following suit in confusion. A muffled meow came from his bag, and Izuku sighed.

Hitoshi started to giggle off to his side while Izuku opened his bag and pulled out a half asleep Sushi. How she had even fit inside was mystery.

"Really?" Izuku leveled the cat with a look.

If she were a normal cat, he would look stupid (he probably did anyways, but no one was here except Toshi), however Sushi understood him, so he tended to treat her like a parent would a teenage child.

She mewed again and forced her way onto his shoulders where she curled around his neck. Now, Hitoshi was just smiling while looking at Sushi with a soft expression everyone gave her when she was being extra cute.

She knew what she was doing.

Izuku looked over at her and she opened her eyes to meet his. "I know I said I would find a way for you to join me at UA, but I meant after I get in, not during the entrance exams"

Sushi huffed in response and began flicking her tail.

"Stop pouting", he scolded, "I can't even run you home or to the café now, so I'm stuck with you."

The feline purred and rubbed against his face, obviously pleased with herself. With another long sigh, Izuku turned back to Hitoshi who was now taking pictures of them, well mainly Sushi.

"Toshi? Do you think they will allow Sushi to help me on the exam?"

The taller boy hummed in thought while looking through his new pictures of the feline.

"I think she could, we just have to get dad on board and then ask Power Loader right?"

Izuku nodded, absently rubbing Sushi's head as she purred. "Ok, but we need some kind of leverage, something that will make them more likely to agree."

There was a moment of silence before they both tilted their heads to look at Sushi. She had pushed herself up and let out a determined yowl.

Nothing like a cute, intelligent, and stubborn cat to bend people to her will.

~ ~ ~

A/N: I wanted to get into the exam, but I needed some Aizawa thoughts and wanted Sushi to join them, next chapter is finally there (╥_╥). 

ALSO!! Check out my new story "This kid is a Vigilante?!" I posted several chapters already!