29- Titans Really Are Incredible

Start from the beginning

Mikasa and Evelyn realise something as they look at Annie who looks away from them blushing. The two of them gasp as they realises that Annie returns the feelings Armin has for her.

"When did this happen?" Mikasa asks in disbelief.

"When did what happen?" Annie asks shyly.

"Okay. We get it" Evelyn says with a smile.

"Get what?" Annie asks, becoming even more embarrassed.

"You don't have to suffer anymore" Mikasa says softly, "but... Armin is going to board the flying boat with us and head for Eren".

"I know" Annie says as she looks at Mikasa, "what about the two of you? What do you want? Are you going to kill Eren to save humanity?".

"If that's what it takes" Evelyn says as she looks down.

"I won't kill him" Mikasa says as she looks out at the sea, "Eren's gone far away and I'm bringing him back. That's all I'm doing".

"By the way, did you lose your scarf?" Annie asks as she looks at Mikasa.

"I have it" Mikasa says as she starts to walk away.

--- inside the docking shed of the ship ---

"Please take Falco and Gabi with you!" Pieck says to Lady Kiyomi as she looks at Gabi and Falco, "being on the ship won't really guarantee their safety, but it's better than taking them on the flying boat".

"I don't mind doing so, of course, but will they accept that?" Kiyomi asks as she also looks at Gabi and Falco.

"I'll confine them in their cabin" Pieck says as she watches the two of them walk back towards their room, "don't let them out until the flying boat sets off".

"What about you?" Kiyomi asks as she looks at Pieck.

"I have to repay my fallen comrades" Pieck says as she looks down, "I'll perform my role as a warrior".

--- the next morning ---

"Hange! In about an hour, we can begin preparations to take off!" Onyankopon shouts as he waves at Hange from the bunker.

"Got it!" Hange says as they wave back, "you heard the man. Each of you, inspect your gear".

"Yes, Commander!" they all say as they look at Hange.

"Two fingers is all I need. I'm ready" Levi says as everyone looks at him.

Jean and Conny both chuckle as they nudge Evelyn, only for her to hit them both over the back of the head.

"So, I'm the only one running away?" Annie says as she looks down as she speaks to Reiner and Pieck before they head off.

"Don't worry about it" Pieck says softly, "from the beginning, you were never subservient to Marley. You don't have to shoulder anything anymore".

"All this time, I've wanted to apologise to you and Bertolt" Reiner says as he looks at Annie, "it all goes back to that day, when I continued the mission that started all of this. That day, if I had turned back, both you and Bertolt could have gone home and seen your families. It feels presumptuous to even apologise".

"Yeah. I don't know how many times I decided to kill you, only to stop myself" Annie says as she looks at Reiner.

"I'm glad you didn't" Reiner says as he looks down as Annie hugs him, "look after Gabi and Falco for me".

"Understood" Annie says as she holds his arms, Colt getting onto the ship as well.

"Annie!" all of the Scouts shout from near the bunker, "Annie, take care!".