9- Brave Volunteers

"I doubt this is something you want to hear, but just listen" Armin says as he sits in the middle of a room made of stone, fire burning on torches all around him, "three years ago... back then, we might have still been able to change something".

--- three years ago ---

"Captain! The team that went ashore hasn't made contact for two hours!" a soldier from the Marleyan ship says as he runs over to the captain.

"Hmm. Prepare to sent teams two and three" the Captain says as he looks back at the soldier.

"Yes, sir!" the soldier says as he runs off again.

"This island of devils defeated the warrior unit" the Captain says as he looks out at the island nearby, "whatever the cost, Marley must learn what happened".

All of a sudden, the boat is lifted up as everyone hangs onto the railings as to not get thrown off. The Captain looks down and spots a titan holding the boat up.

"It's a devil!" the Captain yells as he looks down at Eren.

Eren walks to the boat over to the sand as he throws it down, all of the soldiers toppling over.

"Hello, friends of Marley! Welcome to Paradis Island!" Hange yells as they run up the cliff edge, waving their hand, "I'm Hange, here to greet our guests who have travelled oh so far across the sea! Now, step this way and join us for some tea! By the way, we're already friends with this guest that arrived before you!" Hange says as they gesture to a man with his hands bound behind his back by Levi who stands behind him, Hange wrapping their arms around him, "isn't that right, Niccolo?".

"Captain! Forget about me and shoot these devils! They have the legend of the Restorationists Evelyn here! Shoot and kill her! She's their biggest threat!" Niccolo yells desperately.

"What are you saying, Niccolo?" Evelyn asks as she walks over, "I'm no threat at all".

"Captain!" Niccolo yells.

"He's tired of your shitty skit" Levi says as he looks at Hange.

"Niccolo!" the Captain says quietly before he raises his voice, "understand this, you filthy devils! Marley doesn't mingle with filthy blood! Go and drink your pig piss with your filthy friends!".

"Aww, hey! Are you sure you want to be rude to us? After all, it's me, Evelyn, the legend of the Restorationists. And there's a big ass titan standing behind you!" Evelyn taunts as she looks at Eren.

He gasps as he turns around looking at Eren who towers over the boat, his eyes glowing bright green.

"We'll never wield you devils! Say hello to this!" the Captain yells as he points his gun at Evelyn, only to receive a bullet to the side of his head, much to everyone's surprise.

"Hands up, Yelena!" one of the other soldiers says as he points his gun at the woman who shot the Captain.

"Drop your weapons!" Yelena says as she and everyone else on the boat points their guns at the man.

"What are you doing?" the soldier asks as he looks at another man who stands closely behind him.

"Hange, I'd be happy to accept your invitation!" Yelena says as she looks over at Hange, "let's have tea. I've longed to meet you, Evelyn. You as well, Eren. After all, I am a devout follower of your older brother Zeke".

Everyone makes it onto the island as the other man is restrained and guarded, whilst everyone else settles down.

"That huge lady of theirs shot and killed their comrade" Conny says as he looks at Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean and Sasha, "I wonder what her goal is".