Chapter 1:Royal Treatment

Roseanne's POV

The date was off the table, at least for a while.

I had a somewhat free schedule but she worked almost every day which was upsetting. It was to be expected from an owner who wants to be an active member of her team but it still upset me.

However, during this period I decided to take sign language classes because I was that committed to the girl and we just met. That doesn't mean that we don't talk every day though which means I can jot down certain things to learn and not waste my time on how to sign plane or words that won't come in handy— yet.

The first day that I arrived at said class, I was sitting amongst a diverse group of people. I wasn't the only one there for the sake of love— or wanting to know someone and hope that it results in love in my case.

An older couple that sat across from me decided to learn together because the husband had gone deaf. They were adorable and kept an enthusiastic smile the whole time eager to learn and work through the unfortunate event together.

When it got to me I shyly answered that I had met a girl at a restaurant trying to get my order right and that she had pointed at her pin. Apparently, she was well known around the city and it was said she made some killer fresh bread to serve with soups and other meals.

She specialized in almost every cuisine and was even a baker. I asked her once why she had an interest in gastronomy to which she responded, "I'm not good at speaking but eating is certainly my forté so I wanted to make it enjoyable." She countered the questions by asking me what I do and I think I trusted her enough to tell her the truth.

"I'm a singer." Ironic isn't it?

After about a month in a half, we were pretty well acquainted— actually, we were more than that, we were friends and extremely comfortable with each other. We clicked the instant that I sent her a message like we'd been best friends since high school. We would tell each other everything we did or do throughout the day, from the smallest thing to an important event like my photoshoot schedules to her prepping at 5 am to have a smooth day in the kitchen.

And today, I get to test what I have learned.

I was excited and nervous—more nervous—and she expressed that she was nervous as well because she knew we had a bit of a barrier and limitation when it came to communicating, and that's all a date is about, right? Getting to know what our favorite dishes are, what we do for fun, our favorite movies...

I sat on a booth with sweaty hands and I think I checked myself a million times using the Dior mirror that Jisoo had given me, I was the lucky one who she gave it to since she only had a couple more given to her by Pietro Beccari himself. It was an honor of Jisoo but now I felt like I needed about 10 more to make sure the one I was using wasn't lying.

I'm pretty confident about myself, knowing that I looked perfect, and to be fair I do today as well I was just kick ass nervous. I wanted to make sure my eyeliner wasn't smeared, my mascara wasn't messy, and my lipstick was colored in between the lines. I was too obsessed with looking perfect that I almost called my makeup artist using the excuse of a photo shoot.

I rubbed my hands on my thighs as I ran through everything that I learned until a figure appeared next to me wearing a crisscross top that only covered her breasts as it wrapped around her neck. She had a matching color skirt that stopped mid-thigh. Suddenly I felt like I was in middle school again and forgot everything I had learned in class.

I stood up quickly to hug the girl and her perfume quickly engulfed my senses. Hugging her allowed me to notice more details like the fact that she outlined her lips with brown and had an ombré look, a gorgeous look on her. Also, the fact that she wore dangling earrings and had a mole on her neck and another close to her jawline below her ear.