1 「C L I F F - D I V I N G」3

Start from the beginning

"maybe if I was smart, I would have dragged out the rebuild a bit." Jacob continued on his trailed words, his tone low as he imagined so many scenarios in his head of his girl getting hurt or possibly killed on the motorbike.

"If you told me you couldn't fix these bikes, I would say that that's really too bad, but that we're just gonna have to find something else to do."

"Is that Sam Uley?" Bella asked as she noticed a group of older boys standing on the edge of the La Push Cliffs, all of them without a shirt as they played around.

"Yeah, him and his cult." Jacob spoke bleakly as he looked over at them, whilst Catherine glanced over at him noting the fearful yet angry look on his face.

Seeing this face, Catherine's eyebrows furrowed again with confusion before she turned back toward Sam and his friends as she tilted her head.

Although that was before two out of four of them grabbed onto a different guy, forcing the struggling guy over the cliff into the water below them.

"Oh my god, oh my god," Catherine immediately started to panic as she watched the boy being thrown over the cliff, causing her to fearfully and lightly hit Bella's arm. "pull over, pull over!"

Hearing her words and also seeing them push the boy off the cliff, Bella quickly swerved over to the side of the ride before stopping the car.

Bella rushes to get out of the car with Catherine getting out right behind him, the two quickly moving over to the other side of the road so they can see the group better.

"Did you see that," Catherine asked shocked as she looked down at the water, the panic in her rising a bit more as she didn't see anyone break through the surface of the water. "they threw him off?!"

"They're not really fighting, Bunny-" Jacob tried to explain to his girl, but his words were cut off by Bella, who glanced back at him fearfully.

"But they-" Bella tried to say as she motioned towards the water, although Jacob cut the girl off before she could even finish her words.

"They're just cliff diving, it looks a lot scarier if this is your first time seeing it," Jacob explained to the girl simply as he leaned back on the grill of Bella's truck. "it's scary as hell, but a total rush."

Staring down at the water with a complicated gaze, Bella's mind began to work overtime as she heard the words leaving Jacob's mouth.

"A rush?" Bella asked lowly to herself, but Catherine being right beside her and a supernatural being was easily able to hear her words.

Causing Catherine to glance at the girl worried, she knew the girl was becoming some kind of adrenaline junkie, but she hoped she wouldn't go so far as to jump off a cliff.

"Most of us jump from lower down," Jacob continued to explain as he fidgeted slightly, his eyes glaring over at Sam and the others, even though they weren't even looking their way. "we leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples."

"You have some kind of problem with him or something," Catherine asked as she moved back over towards her boyfriend, the girl skipping as she moved over to him. "Sam Uley?"

"I don't know," Jacob shrugged as Catherine made it over to him, the girl quick to lay up against him as he threw his arm over her shoulder. "they just think they run this place."

Looking back over at the Cliff, Jacob continued to glare at the group of guys he had once called his friends, and seeing his glaring gaze, Catherine looked over there at them as well.

"Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids," Jacob recounted the memory with a light scoff before he motioned over to them with his head. "now look at him."

"That's Embry?" Bella asked as she looked over at the supposed boy in shock, Catherine looked over as well as she moved from under Jake's arm.

"No way," Catherine gasped out as she moved back over towards the edge of the road, cupping her hands over her mouth before she took a deep breath and yelled. "Embry!"

"Bunny, don't even bother-" Jacob tried to tell the girl as he crossed his arms, he regretted even letting her meet Embry all of those weeks ago.

The two had only met around twice back then, but they still managed to become good friends with each other, that was until Jacob refused to tell them when she was coming over next, and then Embry had gotten sick and missed school.

"EMBRY!"Catherine ignored him only to scream louder and at the top of her lungs, the girl's eyes pinched shut as she tried to grab Embry's attention.

Which she was able to do as Embry turned towards them along with Sam Uley, who was the last man left on the cliff.

And seeing him turn towards her, Catherine quickly became more excited as she began jumping up and down as she looked his way.

"Hey, Hi!" She squealed as she shouted waving her hand around in a greeting as she bounced up and down, the girl looking like an excited child as she smiled widely.

Embry on the other hand having seen her, couldn't help the chuckle that left his mouth as smiled, lifting his hand to wave back at the excited girl.

"You know her?" Sam asked with the same blank look on his face as he watched his third in command wave back at the girl, due to his werewolf vision he could see the girl.

Although not good enough to see every little detail on the girl's face, he would be able to recognize her if he had seen her before, but he didn't.

"Yeah, met her back at Jake's house before all of this," Embry explained to his Alpha seriously, the smile never leaving his face. "she makes the best chicken sandwiches, you'd ever taste."

"Don't let Emily hear you say that." Sam remarked jokingly with a chuckle as he smirked at the younger guy, he knew how his younger cousin could get about her cooking.

"She'd agree with me if she had one herself." Embry chuckled glancing back at the older man before he turned back towards Catherine.

Giving the girl a salute before he moved towards the cliff, leaning to the side before he fell over it, letting a shout as he got in position to land in the water correctly.