Ice Choco? 2

Alicia let out a chuckle and turned to him as she accidentally saw something on him.

Arlie, have you ever been involved in an accident before? She asked.

Why with that question? He asked, then drinks his mocha.

You got a stitch on your neck. Back of your neck. She points.

Oh, here? Yes. I've been involved in an accident in the last few years, and I couldn't recall it. But I know I was involved in that accident. He said while showing the stitch on the upper back of his neck.

Ouch... that looks painful. She said.

Arlie burst out in laughter.

No, for me, it doesn't. It felt numb all the time. He said.

Seriously? It looks painful! She said. As an agent, I never get stitches on myself. She mumbles.

Pardon? He asked since he couldn't listen to the last sentence.

Nothing. Anyway, there are a few details about him and probably you don't know about them. She said.

Ah, I see. It's okay. I can do it easily. He said.

Can I ask you something? Alicia asked.

Sure. Go ahead. He looks at her.

Do you have any family members here? She asked.

Hmm... my mom and dad, and a younger brother. But they stayed far away from here. He said.

Oh, I see. Alicia said.

Her assumption was wrong after all this time. Maybe this guy is someone else, not Ali Ghazali.

Why? He asked.

Nothing, I'm quite curious. Alicia said.

Okay, how about I ask you this time? So, do you have a family here? He asked.

I have my Foster father. She said.

Foster father? He looks at her in curiosity.

Well, I got adopted when I'm an orphan after my parents died or something? I don't know what happens to them. But that's what my dad told me. Alicia said.

Oh, I see, condolences to your mom and dad, I guess? He said to her, feeling a bit guilty.

Thanks, but I guess it's fine because I've never seen their face either. Alicia chuckles.

Then, both of them burst into laughter.

It's been a while since Alicia jokes around after Ali's gone. But today, she was laughing at a not-so-joke with a stranger who was willing to help her find her fiancee.

Arlie stops his laughter and watches Alicia still laughing while covering her mouth.

It's been a while listening to your laughing. He thought while smiling at her.

Then he shook his head. What was he thinking? He never met this lady.

Okay, okay... when is your fiancee's birthday? He asked.

Then Alicia pulls herself back and answers him.

Yesterday. The 8th of April. Alicia said, and then Arlie went surprised.

What a coincidence, my birthday was yesterday too. He said.

Wow. You're his soul mate. I can guarantee. She said.

Then he just chuckles at her joke.

There are a lot of people born on that day. Are you gonna assume people who were born on that date are his soulmate? He asked, then laughs.