Change?

"...are we friends?" the words came out simple, yet they bring a lot of weight to the atmosphere.

"Let's see... how do I say this...?" Alhaitham contemplated for a while, "The question 'Are we friends?' won't actually give you the answer you would get expect. Instead, it would be getting you answers to the question 'Are you a nice person?' as the asked would say either yes, which would be because they wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, or no, which would be the opposite.  A good friendship can't be forced, unlike knowledge. It depends on how well the two get along, and there's no set way to do it, as emotions fluctuate on many different factors. So my answer to that? We don't need verbal confirmation. If we both have mutual feelings, our friendship will be but a natural phenomenon."

You just listened, and listened, and listened. You had no idea what he was saying in the slightest. But it sounded professional, so you didn't want to make it seem like he wasted his time. Maybe one day you'll understand what he said. But how would you do that? You thought about it. Maybe... you could just be as smart as him, or close to that. Similar intelligence, similar understandings. That's one goal for this year confirmed.

After the two of you ended the call, you went on YouTube to look for some courses of subjects varying from Math to History. One by one, you went through the videos, getting bit by bit with every single video.

Although you ended up sleeping halfway through at 4 am on a school night, you felt good, like you were doing something with yourself. That night was a night you slept soundly, free of any nightmares of your childhood, even if it was only 2 hours.

That morning, you walked down the hallways, albeit with some struggle as you barely got any sleep. "Are you okay?" a voice said behind you. "Hey *yawn* Haitham..." "Yep, you didn't sleep last night. What happened to you?" he asked with a hint of concern. "Oh, it's nothing. I was up all night studying." "If you say so..." "I have proof!" you took out your notebook and flipped through the pages. "Not bad... you actually did. Although, there are a few things wrong over here..."

In the classroom, you even paid more attention than ever before. Almost as if something was pushing you, but surely trying to understand some advice can't be the push. What was it? Of course, it had something to do with Haitham but... you couldn't place your finger on it.

You even tried to ask Haitham but you stuttered. You thought your stutter was gone, but you guessed not. Once you thought you were doing something good with your life but... seemed as if nothing had truly changed... you were still you...

-------------------------------------------

A/N

Ok sorry for the very long gap between updates. I'm more focused on a new book recently. The same goes for the Cynonari book.