The Gates Were Open, Once.

!A heads up, mentions of child abuse, trauma oh, and there is swearing!

"LOOK AT YOU, A CHILD WHO CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!" a cane flew towards your back, and the impact created another scar on it. Your mother presented your report card, "NOT A SINGLE SUBJECT DID YOU PASS, AND NOW YOU BREAK A PLATE! I'M TIRED OF YOU AND YOUR BULLSH*T!"

On the ground, you just lay there powerless, exhausted, and in so much pain that you would rather die. You whimpered, trying to hold back the tears and everything that you've wanted to scream and yell in her face. Yet, all you could do was curse at her in your mind as she scolded your barely conscious body.

When the noise finally stopped, you finally had enough strength to do what you've wanted to do for the longest time. You went to your room, grabbed a bag and luggage, checked if she was sleeping, and closed the door quietly. You turned your head not and looked only in the opposite direction of where she lived. 

You ran away.

.

.

.

"Honey?" You woke up to the call of the nice woman who took you in. You gave a slight hum in response. "Good, you're awake, get ready 'cause we've got a lot to do today." "Okay."

She left you in your room after that. You looked out the window, observing the scenery. The gates were only open once, thanks to the above you made it out without getting caught. Whatever your "mom" felt by now didn't matter to you anymore, you're free.

Free as the birds outside your window...

"Just don't go head first to the glass."

--------------------------------------

A/N

As always, part 1 is some background for at least one of the characters. But I wonder how this ties into the story hmmmm?

Welp you don't know, because I haven't written it yet :D