Previews of my Fanfic:

《↬.•.•✿•.•.↫》

First Preview:

Amber's eyes flutter open as she begins to wake up, groaning slightly as she sits up a bit. She frantically looks down at herself, sighing in relief when she sees she's still wearing her coat. She then begins to look around in a panic to figure out where she is. She gasps softly and freezes up when she sees Baxter, staring at him with wide eyes.

Baxter turns around and sees her awake. "Finally. I was beginning to assume you were dead." He pulls up a chair and sits down, clipboard and pencil in his hands. "What are you?" He asks.

"I-I..." She stutters, looking around the lab. She notices she's lying on a mattress with a towel covering her body.

"What's your name?" Baxter asks her in a gentle tone, hoping to give off the impression he's not here to harm her.

"...Amber. My name is Amber. Who are you? Where am I...?" She asks as she looks around.

"That's a pretty name..." Baxter mumbles softly as he writes down her name on a sheet of paper. "My name is Dr. Baxter, you're in my lab. It's a bit smaller than I wanted but at least I have one. It was a pain experimenting in my room all the time..." Baxter says, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Where?" Amber asks again.

"In a hotel in Hell." Baxter replies.

"Wait, what...? H-How did I get here...? I thought I was..." She doesn't finish her sentence, thinking deeply to herself.

"You thought what?" Baxter asks before answering her question.

"I thought I was kidnapped... The last thing I remember is getting kidnapped by...by Micheal...but then I...I suddenly woke up here...?" Amber says softly, clearly confused.

"I brought you here. You see that machine over there?" He gestures to the portal. "I invented it so I could gain access to the living realm, but it backfired and brought you here instead."

"You...really...?" She asks softly, perking up with a smile.

He nods and hums in response. "Now that you're here, may I ask you some questions? I've never seen a creature like you before, assuming you're not a demon." He asks.

"I-I'm not, are you?" Amber asks.

"Why yes, I am. I was a human before my death. I ended up in Hell for some of my...experiments." He glances away with a mischievous grin when he mentioned his twisted experiments before looking back at her. "Now, enough about me. What are you?" Baxter asks.

"I-I..." Amber perks up. "Wait, how did you know I'm not human?"

"I didn't want to assume, but I could tell you're some kind of sea creature. Perhaps a mermaid...or a siren?" Baxter suggets.

"You're close. I'm a selkie, actually." She replies.

Baxter grins and raises an eyebrow in interest. "Ah, I've heard the name before but haven't had the chance to do any research. Can you tell me about your kind?"

"Sure." Amber smiles at him. "We're seals that can shift into human forms by shedding out skin, which is this fur coat." She gestures to her coat. "Without our coat, we can't shift back into our seal form and return to the sea. Many selkies have to deal with humans stealing our coats and hiding them from us and forcing us to marry them. Micheal kept doing that to me, and sometimes he almost succeeded, but I always managed to get away. He almost succeeded this time...before you saved me. Thank you for that, by the way."