~chapter 20: just stay with us forever and even after that!

You woke up when you Alarm clock went off. I got up and started getting ready for the day.

~after morning routine~

I still had an hour to kill, so I went to Maki to ask if the boss was in and she said he was. I went to his office and said I wished to speak to him.

"So Dr. L/n to what do I owe the pleasure?"

He said politely but clearly tired

"Sir I'd like to request that Patient 18807, Atsuhiro Sako, may be permitted to have interior decorations in his room such as a table or bookshelf much like Chisaki and Kurono."

You said with your back straight looking serious but professional.

"Hmm...Mr. Sako. I suppose I can allow that, he is a very tame patient. But I need more time to make a decision. Come back at the end of the day."

Your boss said leaning forward putting his hands together and elbows on the desks

"Yes sir."

You said getting up and walking out of the room and to shigaraki's room.

—————————————————————————

"Good morning Shigaraki!"

"Y/n!"

He said happily.

He paused his game and smiled at me and came over giving me a hug.

"Hey Shigaraki it's nice to see you doing good this morning. How is your neck?"

I asked and he placed his hand on his neck. Not scratching it just touching the bandages

"Marks still kind hurt but I think they'll heal soon."

He answered resisting the urge to scratch his neck

"May I ask, is just our neck that you scratch or anywhere else?"

I ask just in case I need to bandage anywhere else

"No it's only my neck that I scratch."

He answered

"Well, that's something we're going to work on."

I sit down with him and ask

"So can you tell me what causes you to scratch your neck or what certain topic makes you want to scratch it?"

I take out a little notepad with a pen,

"...I don't think you'll like the answer for why I do it."

He starts reaching to scratch his neck and I make him stop

"Just tell me the reason."

"...I do it to resist the urge to kill people all the time...I also do it when I'm irritated, angry, nervous, stressed, and sometimes I lightly scratch it out of habit."

I wrote everything down that he told me

"Alright...we'll work on a different way for you to react to these emotion. I don't want you to scratch your neck to the point you bleed it's not good for you. You could get sick, the an infection can spread from your wounds, and I doubt it feels pleasant."

Shigaraki looked like he was struggling to not scratch his neck

"Here."

I handed him his game and he started playing his game and he seemed to be sucked into it and didn't struggle to scratch his neck. So it seemed that video games worked.