~ Chapter 7: sweets from the sweetest

I woke up and did my morning routine.

But when I saw the time I noticed I woke up a little earlier than usual.

So before work I decided to stop at a cafe near my work.

As I walked in the smell of sweets hits my nose.

I started salivating and even more so when I saw the wide variety of treats.

Then I stopped and thought about how the others might like something a little sweet.

So after I got a quick breakfast for myself.

I order my patients some sweets.

—————————————————————————

I walked into my work place and heard lots of yelling. I ran over to see what was happening. I ran to see some guards and dabi beaten up. Well dabi more beaten up since it was two against one.

"What's going on here? What are you doing to my patient?"

I asked even though on the inside I was terrified and wondered why I didn't just walk away. Which is weird since I was walking towards them.

"Dr. L/n please stand back. We'll deal
With him."

"No. Your going to tell me why your fighting my patient."

I stood in front of dabi looking at the guards with an angry expression.

"Dr. L/n this patient has contraband. We were simply taking it away from him."

"Don't listen to them doc. They were trying to take away my cards!"

Dabi shouted behind me

I looked at the guards with an annoyed expression

"Seriously? A deck of cards. A. Deck. Of. Cards. What could he possibly do with cards beside playing with them? Please enlighten me if you have any ideas."

The guards looked shocked for a second but one spoke up and said

"Hey! you don't know what these freaks are capable of!"

"You will not speak about my patients that way! Dabi go back into your room while I talk with the guards."

Dabi then went back into his room and I was left alone with the guards.

Then I gave them an ear full on how they will not disrespect my patients that way or about how they should be properly treated.

Needless to say they knew I was someone who take my jobs very seriously and somebody not to mess with.

After that I grabbed my clipboard and made my way to shigaraki's room.

—————————————————————————

I opened the door and shigaraki was on his bed sleeping.

But he was twisting and turning a lot, I walked over and heard small whimpers and saw tears running down his face.

I quickly shook him awake while saying

"Shigaraki! Shigaraki!"

He woke up with a gasp and then started rubbing his eyes while sobbing.

I sat down next to him. I used hand to rub his back which calmed him down a little bit then I pulled out a tissue and wipes his tears away.

He looked at me but for once not in anger or annoyance. But in fear and sadness...it hurt my heart to see someone in such a state.