𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

Gift for the Darkness

"The beast woke up and looked at us" Jack explains, holding the conch as Y/n and Simon sat down with the other boys

"I don't think we can fight a thing that size. honestly, you know" Ralph spoke.
"We'd talk, couldn't fight a tiger. We'd hide, even Jack did hide."
"What about my hunters?"
"Boys armed with sticks" Ralph insulted.
Jack glared at him and start to circle around him.
"He's not a hunter, he didn't get us meat" he looked up at the crowd.
"He just gives orders and expects you to obey for nothing. He's like Piggy, he's says things like Piggy. He's not a proper chief he's a coward."
Jack looks at the hunters.
"He thinks you're weak"
Ralph angrily got up.
"Me and Roger were there!"
"He stayed"
"I went too!"
"After"
"I went on too then I ran away and so did you!"
There was silence. The two boys stare at each other.
"Call me a coward then-"
"Always talk, talk, talk!" Ralph interrupted.
"I'm not going to be part of Ralph's slot!" Jack yelled.
Expression became serious.
"Let's take a vote!"
"Who who doesn't want Ralph as chief!"
Everyone stood silent. Nobody raise their hand
which created a awkward silence. He looked at Y/n, who turned away after she saw his eyes. She's scared of saying anything during this situation.
It was embarrassing enough for Jack, as he felt his face turn red. He saw tears on the corner of his eyes.
"I don't wanna play this anymore!" He threw the conch on the ground and walked off, his tribe following along.
"Jack!" Ralph wanted to run after him, but stopped by Piggy.

"I said we could do it without a certain person" said Piggy. Everyone listened, besides Ralph, he was just drawing in the sand with a stick.
Y/n stand along with Simon. He was now un-shirted, and only had his shorts.
"Now I think we've got to decide. We can do it without Merridew. there's others besides him on this island. But that we really got to be though I hardly believe it."
Piggy seem to notice Ralph's lack of attention to him.
"I've been talking Ralph"
"Huh?" Ralph sprung up.
"We've got no fire on the mountain but what's wrong with the fire down here?"
Ralph got up.
"That's a good idea. we could build it right here between the shelters."
Simon got the conch.
"What is it now Simon?"
Y/n became concerned about his behavior.
"I think we ought to climb the mountain"
"What's the use?!" Piggy said.
Simon stood silent a bit. Licking his dry lips.
"What else is there to do?"
The conversation between Ralph and Piggy went on and on. Y/n dozed, feeling more tired than before. She always forcefully opens her eyes, but they were quickly, sink back down. She hasn't done anything that will make someone tired. Did she?
She didn't notice Simon had already disappeared.
Since they're talking about making a fire right here then why not help them get some sticks?
"Where's Simon"
"I don't know"
"You don't think he's climbing up the mountain?"
Piggy broke into a noisy laughter
"He might be" Y/n said, looking at the mountains.
She begin to leave.
"Where are you going?" Ralph asked.
"To get sticks for the fire" she respond.
"You don't need too"
Y/n felt offended. Though, he probably didn't mean to insult her but she just feels so fuzzy all day."
"I know. But I'm going too" her tone sounded harsh. Ralph, surprise by her tone. From what he's hearing is stubbornness and her pose was in position like she was going to strike at any minute. He stared deeply into her eyes. Her luscious e/c eyes. Her little hairs blew in the wind. Her skin, now has been tan. It was like the same scene from the meeting.
"Y/n. Please be careful" Ralph soften.
Y/n swayed her head and disappeared into the forest.