𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Painted faces and long hair

It felt like weeks. Strange things would even happened at midday. Everyone now was very brown, dirty and filthy. Even their hair grew out. All expect for Piggy. He seem to lose it instead.
Some littluns build sand castles, swam in the bathing pool along with Ralph. Meanwhile, Piggy sat there and cleaned his glasses. Some made a hole in the ground for two crabs to have a fighting match, while they cheered.
One of the littluns Percival crawled into a shelter and stayed for two days, talking, singing, and crying. He'll cry often and Y/n is there to comfort him. She smiled at every littlun that played on the beach. In front and in the bathing pool.
They ate most of the day, picking fruit where they could reach it and would ask Y/n if they can't. They were used now to stomach-aches and a sort of chronic diarrhea.
They would be scared of the dark and huddle up to Y/n, they would beg her to sleep right next her, therefore, they felt safe.

No one seen the mull berry-marked face boy since evening of the fire. Y/n still worried about where he could've gone.
Anyway. Three littluns on the sand, Percival the biggest out of three with a mouse color hair, Johnny a well build boy, with fair hair and there Henry.
Roger and Maurice came out of the forest. They were released from the duty of the fire and came down to swim. Roger there over a rock smashing the flowers as Maurice laughed along the way.
The three littluns paused and looked up. Sand even flew, only on Percival, which he whimpered that full of it, got in his eye. Y/n could hear Percival's whimpers. She watch behind a tree to see if he's actually hurting or just stressing about something. He finished whimpering and continue on playing. Johnny watched him and he showered him with sand, making Percival cry.
Henry had enough with their play and got up and wandered off on the beach. Roger followed him.
Y/n from behind running to the two littluns as Maurice spotted her. Before Y/n could get to them. Percival got up and ran. Johnny stayed there, back to playing. Y/n slowed down and looked at Johnny.
"That wasn't very nice Johnny"
The boy looked up at her with no remorse then back at the sand castles. Y/n sighed, and chased after Percival. He was far from her sight but she managed to catch up to him.
"Percival" she said.
The boy turned around, sniffling, his hands covering his eyes. Y/n kneel down to the littlun.
"May I see?" Her voice was comforting.
He hesitated at first but Y/n is very patient with the littluns. The boy slowly removed his hands from his eyes. He still felt some sand in.

Y/n grabbed his hand, taking him back to the shelters where there she grabbed a coconut.
She banged it against the rock, too, and left cracked, making it free to open the top. She poured the water on her hand and flung it in Percival's eyes. He flinched a few times as he grabbed on both of her arms. Y/n stopped.
"Better?"
The boy nodded. He wrapped his arms around her torso; giving her a light hug. He pulled away from the hug then ran off.
Y/n noticed Roger holding stones and throwing them at Henry, intentionally missing him. he looks like he was enjoying it. This angered her. Who would wanna hurt a small littlun. There would be a point in time that he probably would actually hit someone with a stone. Jack then appears from the bushes.
"Roger" he called.
A littlun came up to Y/n and padded on her arm. "Yes" she looked to see it was Percival. He pulled out a nice made flower crown behind his back.
The girl's eyes glittered. There were big and small flowers color mostly white and others bright colors with a lot of leaves peeking out. All of it supported by sticks that are putt-in together.
Y/n grin.
"It's beautiful"
Percival, glad with her response. She put on the crown. Percival absolutely adored Y/n. From his perspective, she had role of a parent. Percival misses his mother. Missing everything of her. But Y/n; it felt like he's with his mother again.

The two chatted as they bond in one of the shelters. They talked mostly about Y/n's life, they laughed. It was going smoothly till they herd Piggy yell
"Ralph it's a ship!"
The two looked at the direction he was pointing.
"A plane! A plane! can you hear?! Ralph!"
They watch Ralph get out of the water. Y/n turned away. She already can tell that Ralph was naked.
"Hurry up it's going!"
She saw Ralph with his shorts on running up to the mountain with the other boys. Y/n ran after them, pushing branches out the way. Ralph seem to be the fastest as everyone struggled to catch up.
"Wait! Come back!"
They saw Ralph on the mountain shouting at the ocean.
"Come back! Come back!" He flung his shirt aggressively. The others eventually catched up.
"They bloody let the fire out!" His face was full of rage. They herd marching coming up the mou-ntain. Everyone looked down from the top. It was Jack and the hunters, marching behind him. SamnEric, also with them, were bringing a pig that was tied up from both legs and hoofs and hung upside. The two couldn't hold up by themselves so had support with two other holding from each side. It was of course dead and had a open slit throat with blood oozing out. They even sung a chant as they went to the top.
Kill the pig, slit her throat, bash her in
And it repeats. The chant died away when they arrived. Jack had painted his whole face with clay and drawn a line across his face with black charcoal. "Look we killed a pig. We got enough-"
"You let the fire out" Ralph cut Jack off. Jack
Started at him before responding back.
"We can light it up again" Jack went to to untie the dead pig. He looked back at Ralph "You could've been with us Ralph. There were lots of blood! You should've seen it" he swayed his arms up with the knife in his hand.
"There was a ship" Ralph ignored Jack.
"There was a ship! They may have seen us! We might have gone home!" There was silence. A few boys looked at each other then back a Ralph. They could see he was angry. Piggy got in. He was also angry. "You and your blood Jack Merridew!
You and your hunting! We might've gone home!"
Jack frown. "We needed meat" he continued to cut the rope off. But Piggy wasn't done. "You did ought to let the fire go out!". Now that angered
Jack. He got up, going to Piggy and stuck his fist
To his stomach. Y/n gasped.
"You had too! Don't you Fatty!" Jack slapped hi-
m, causing his glasses to fly off. "My specs!"
Simon picked them up. "Here they are" he gave the glasses back but one was shattered. Piggy put them back on then turned back to Jack.
"Just you wait!" He yelled. "Just you wait".
"Just you wait" Jack mimicked Piggy.
"That was a dirty trick" Ralph said. Jack looked at him. "All right, all right I'm sorry. About the fire I mean".
"There, I apologized"
"Light the fire then" Ralph gave him a glare.

Jack and along the other boys grabbed more sticks and threw them into a pile. Y/n watched the boys collect sticks and Ralph lighting it up again with Piggy's glasses. Y/n turned to Piggy.
He sadly sat there, can't even see. She went to sit
next to him. He couldn't see but he could hear where she is. They started the fire and began to roast the pig. The smell of roasted pig fill the air, making Y/n's stomach growl.
Everyone sat down and was given a piece of meat. Y/n took the meat, already stuffing it in her mouth. It didn't really have flavor but it works and it's good that they need. There were giggles when any boy burped. Everyone got their own piece but Piggy.
"Aren't I having none?"
"You didn't hunt" said Jack
"No more did Ralph, no more did Y/n, no more did Simon" said Piggy. Simon was right next to him and gave Piggy his piece. Jack was furious and peeled of a piece, eating it, before throwing the other at Simon. "Eat damn you!" He yelled. Simon looked down with guilt. Y/n licked both of her finger after finishing her meal. Maurice pulled out a mask that was most likely from the pig, and pre-tend to be one, making the boys laugh as Y/n looked around awkwardly. "Kill the pig!" One boy shouted. Y/n jumped a bit,
"slit her!" another boy continued, "bash her in!" another one finished off. The chant then started again as they clapped the rhythm to it.

Kill the pig, slit her throat, bash her in

Ralph realize everything was getting out of control so got up. "Quiet!" He shouted, getting everyone's attention. Y/n felt relief.
"Get down on the beach. I'm calling an assembly"

 I'm calling an assembly"

(Art not mine)