Interview with Caesar

Y/n's POV

"Thank you for being here tonight on the eve of the 75th Hunger Games. We have never seen anything like this. And we will never see anything like it again. Because tonight, on this stage, 24 of Panem's brightest stars will vie for the ultimate crown. Tonight will be their final opportunity to express their thoughts. Our final opportunity to express our love. And heartbreakingly to say goodbye to all but one. What a night. Let's hear it. It's so exciting!" Caesar chirped.

"You good on the plan?" Finnick asked me as the two of us were waiting in the wings to be called up for our interviews with Caesar.

"Yeah," I reply. "I uh, I just never thought this would be the moment we'd tell everyone. But I guess now is as good as a time as any. How do I look? Does the dress look okay?"

"Y/n, you look amazing," Finnick assured me. "Then again, you'll always be the most gorgeous girl in my eyes."

My dress was a beautiful sea green color, and it was strapless with a sweetheart neckline. The top part of my dress was lined with jewels that sparkled in the moonlight, and the skirt part of my dress looked like fish scales that were arranged so the dress looked frilled. There was a large slit up the side, showing off thigh and my gold heels, and like the tribute parade, a dark sea glass necklace adorned my neck. My hair was curled slightly, a small braid encircling the back of my head, and my wrists supported simple gold bracelets.

"I think I'm up next," I claim as I watched Beetee's interview end. "Wish me luck. I'll see you up there soon."

"And now, lets welcome back our winner from the 67th Hunger Games, from District 4, Y/n L/n!" Caesar shouted. 

I waved to the crowd and smiled as I walked across the stage, trying to play the persona that the Capitol wanted me to play. The citizens all cheered and whistled at me, and suddenly I felt like I was 16 all over again. I took Caesar's hand, allowing him to help me into my seat. And when the crowd died down, the interview began.

"Thanks for the introduction, Caesar," I tell him. "In some ways, it's good to be back. I get to see you again, and the Capitol of course. Isn't it lovely here folks?"

"Yeah!" the Capitol citizens cheered.

"Now, Y/n, the last time we saw you, you had just won your games. You were a fan favorite to win from the start," Caesar mentioned.

I laughed. "Thanks for the compliment, Caesar, but to this day I still can't believe that."

"Why not? You showed up practically everyone during the tribute parade with your stunning outfit, you scored a 12 during your individual assessment, and you made us all love you during your interview with me," Caesar remembered. "Didn't we love her everyone?"

"You were amazing!" someone screamed from the crowd.

"She was, wasn't she? She still is," Caesar confirmed. "You're wonderful, dear."

"Thank you. I don't believe I ever told you all this, but the sponsorship I received from Capitol citizens during my game helped a lot. It was only some food, but it provided me with warmth and energy, and honestly, I don't think I would have survived much longer without it," I acknowledge.

"I'm sure that's not true. I mean, the arena you were put into just furthered your chances, did it not?" Caesar questioned.

"Well, yes. My arena played to my strength in water, so in a way it did help me a lot. But the thing that helped me the most wasn't a thing at all. It was a person. My mentor, Finnick," I share.

"Ah yes. We all remember your reaping day. When Finnick saw that you'd been reaped, the first thing he did was promise you that he'd help you win," Caesar recalled.