Arriving at the Capitol

Y/n's POV

"Everything will be different because it's a Quarter Quell. The Capitol has spared no expense. A new training center, new tribute living quarters, and of course, a very special arena," Caspian listed off. "But this year you'll be facing other victors. Capitol favorites. Smart, cunning, skilled. I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about The Games. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers."

"So what does that mean for us? What's our best chance at survival?" I quiz.

"You're gonna have to have some allies. You go at this alone, and the other victors' first move is gonna be to hunt you down," Caspian explained.

"How could any of us even trust each other? We're all vying for the same thing; to win this thing," Finnick stated.

"It's not about trust. It's about staying alive," Caspian spoke and gestured to the large screen behind him. "Now, I've put together a video of this years victors. From District 1 you've got Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. They won back-to-back Games. Capitol favorites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal. And the other half of the Career Pack are Brutus and Enobaria."

"I remember her. She won a few years before us," I recall. "Didn't she rip people's throats out with her teeth?"

Caspian nodded. "Yes, and then she had them filed into fangs to intimidate others. With her teeth like that, she'll be able to kill people easier, so stay away from her."

"Unless we decided to join the careers," Finnick opposed.

"Join the careers? Finnick, that's insane," I comment.

"District 4 often allies themselves with the careers. It's not that crazy. I mean, I didn't do it for my games but-"

I cut Finnick off. "But I did for mine, and you know what happened. Look, I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, but let's just see what everyone looks like during training before we make any decisions."

"From District 3 we've got Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his Games by electrocuting six tributes at once. Then there's the tributes from District 6, the Morphlings. Masters of camouflage. They basically, won their Games by hiding until everyone else was dead, and they've been self-medicating ever since. District 7 has Blight and Joanna, two fierce competitors who show a real chance at winning. Woof and Cecelia are District 8's tributes, but unlikely to survive past the bloodbath. Seeder and Chaff are from District 11, and no offense to them, but they're old. They probably won't last for long. And then we come to District 12. Katniss and Peeta," Caspian finished off.

"They'd be good allies," Finnick decided.

"Yeah. I think so too," I agree. "Katniss already trusts me after we talked during the Victory Tour, but I'm sure I could work on her more. Peeta too."

Katniss' POV

"Now we've got the tributes from District 4," Haymitch introduced.

"Finnick Odair, right?" I remember.

"Yes. He won his games at 14. Youngest ever," Haymitch remarked. "Extremely humble."

"You're kidding," I scoff.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock. A total preener. But he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat, especially in water," Haymitch mentioned.

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asked.

"Well that's easy. His partner Y/n," Haymitch claimed and switched the video on the screen. "Y/n volunteered for Annie this year. But her and Finnick are very close. He was her mentor in her games, and they were friends long before that. If he's trying to protect her in any way, it exposes him."