DA BELEMA🌹

Whenever people say things don't just happen it explains Rosella River's story. Eight weeks had already gone since Campbell's funeral. I was to be school in four weeks.
"Oh excuse me" my mom said immediately I picked her call it was a bright Saturday. I just got up from a power nap. I was a bit confused because I still could not understand what was going on. For a second I thought the call was not intentional or she she was talking to someone else where she was.
She kept saying "speak up!" From time to time she kept talking and keeping quiet. Maybe she was in a very noisy place, I thought.
"Hello mom" I said then she could hear me properly. She sounded a bit aggressive. I kept wondering in my thoughts what was really going on where she was. She barely gave me any detailed information of anything. She spoke like she was uninterested in talking to me. She only kept replying to anything I said. "Mom, I'll be in school in a month" I said then all of a sudden I couldn't hear a thing from my cell phone.
"Hello..." I said confused as I tried to check if anything was wrong with my phone not knowing she already hung up on me. What was that for? I wondered to myself as I called her back. She picked immediately the phone rang. "Rose, I'll send you money when you're going to school. Let me know once you're prepared. I'll be home by next weekend" she said then I concur after which she ended the call for the second time. I was not too impressed by her approach but I let it slide. I did not want anything to tamper with me at this point. A cold heart is a human's worst punishment. I sighed and laid my head on the bed. I was not ready for any unhappy show. My thoughts were blank on that moment. I moved out of the room. It was a really a small home we had. I moved to parlor, I slotted in my dad's old DVD sets I picked one and played it even if I was uninterested I just did not want the quietness in the environment to overshadow my mind. I picked the remote control from the black couch directly opposite the TV set to increase the volume. Then I heard Aunty Chioma call me from the window.
"I'm coming!" I screamed a bit then I went out. I saw her standing outside with Bina.
"Do you know him?" She said as she smiled. I wondered why she was smiling. I was confused at this point. I was not impressed that he was here. I did not want him to be around me. "Who's he?" She curiously asked because this was the first time of her seeing anyone come check on me at home.
" He's my friend" I replied because I wanted her to move away. She kept looking at him strangely, but I tried to free myself so she'll move away. She moved away slowly with a black basin on her hand which had clothes in it. She kept looking at us as she moved to where the rope at our compound. I did not even know how to react genuinely. He kept quiet throughout. I had a lot going on on my mind. Why was he here? How did he get here? Was this a trap? I did not want him to come close to me. In as much as I was honest my emotions were faithful about his brother I needed space. The atmosphere was not meant for such connections.
"Hold on" I said as I went in to get a plastic chair from the room. I kept it close to our gateman's house, while he kept wondering. He looked sad but his sadness meant nothing to me because I was too. I stood behind waiting for him to say a word. He said nothing then I broke the silence by saying:
"How did you get here?"
" I asked around and they showed me your place" he said.
Even if I was not satisfied by his response I did not ask any further.
"Rose, how are you and how about your parents?" He asked as he looked at me directly into my eyes.
"I'm fine and my mom travelled"
" Alright Rose" I'll be leaving, I just wanted to check up on you" he said as he stood up heading to the gate.
The aura was not conducive for both of us adding to the fact that Aunty Chioma kept staring at us from where she was spreading her wet clothes. She made it so obvious she was observing everything going on.
"Bye Bina" I said as we both smiled at each other as he left. I quickly carried the chair inside; I did not want any questions from my baby sitter if that's safe to call her.
"Rose!" She yelled coming close to me with her empty basin. I looked at her expecting her to ask me questions as usual.
"You have a boyfriend but you did not tell me" I looked at her bewildered. I did not even know if I was angry or confused. She kept teasing me but I couldn't even fake a smile. She was smiling while holding my arm she said:
"The guy is fine oh" I even felt pity for her because she was only trying to put a smile on my face but I was not in for that and I could not pretend.
"Why did he go?" She asked.
"I really don't know" I replied in the most polite manner I could.
"Is there anything we can talk about?" Aunty Chioma said noticing I acted so unsympathetic.
I did not want to talk to anyone about anything. I had myself every time. " I'm okay ma" I said as I walked into the house. She watched me go in. I did not know how to even act. I felt I was discourteous but I just had to go in; standing there only got weirder.
"Come on Rose let me show you something" she said again then I followed. I stood outside her flat as she hurriedly went in. She came out joyful with a handful of flowers and a note.
"He got you this, it's a surprise." She said like she was genuinely happy. I wished she understood how I felt. I could barely explain my feelings at this point. As perplexed I was so was my facial expression. I did not want to act ungrateful.
"Thank you ma" I showed gratitude, I faked a smile and went inside. I sat at the couch directly opposite the TV set. I gently opened the small piece that came with the flower it had a handwritten note on it. I was so curious because I felt a substance inside. It was more like a purse there were chocolates inside. It looked appealing. I opened the note and it stated:
            A breeze blew into a house for good two
           weeks straight and it's owner never       
noticed because it was not a proper         
           home. How absurd is it that we share
         the same pain? Rose you're fine! That
        flower may not last forever but so is our
      pain. But to Campbell he's gone forever.
                                                                 ~BINA
The sweetest thing! Only a man would write this. Tears rolled down my eyes for every word I read. I did not fully comprehend everything he wrote but it pierced passionately. I moved the flower to keep it inside the room so my mom will not find it if she comes home. But was there any need? When Aunty Chioma already saw it. There was no need to hide anything anymore. I was not in any entanglement with him. He gave me from a sincere place. I had nothing to hide.
I placed it on the TV stand. With no doubt it looked so beautiful. I had a feeling of genuinely wanting to show my mom. It made me genuinely happy. It was a beautiful weekend indeed.