27

O

Xochitl came out of the room with a bored expression, then Marcel was next coming out pissed as hell, then Zeymira who seemed amused after she left, and finally Majesti.

"And just so she knows, Ora, tell Cecia I said fuck her," Marcel snapped just as Majesti came out crying.

Marcel and Moni split off, and Xochitl took Majesti home.

"Dang, Cecia, you really know how to make people leave," Zeymira commented from the living room as Cecia opened the door and came out of her bedroom.

She then added, "My parents are coming home soon, soo..."

"No hard feelings, right, Zey? I'm just tryna get to the bottom of this," Cecia explained tiredly.

"It's all good. But is it just me or did Majesti seem kind of...guilty of something?" she added.

"We'll figure it out," I stated, grabbing Cecia's hand, "We'll gon head and go home now."

Once we got outside, Cecia looked over at me, like she wanted to say something.

"What is it?" I asked, noticing her expression.

"Nunin," she shrugged.

"It seemed loud in there when you and Moni were talkin'. What was that about?" I asked quietly as we walked.

"Nunin-

"You get mad at me when I give you bullshit responses and now-

She grabbed me up, pushing her mouth against mine. "You're so sexy when you're fed up."

"And I'm also sexy when I'm not. So stop makin' me fed up, Cecia," I sighed.

"Can I come over to your place?"

"You can barely move around in there," I laughed, "I swear we'll be all moved out by next week. Then fancy house it is."

"My place then?" she asked hopefully.

"Okay," I glanced over at her again, "Is it something bad again, Cee? 'Cause I swear I can't handle nothing else today, bro."

"I wanna be honest with you about me and Kailin's relationship-

"But is it bad, Cecia," I asked again.

She nodded meekly.

"Then, I don't think I wanna know right now."

I pressed my lips together, staring straight ahead as we walked together. No, I should know. Because the further I keep getting into unraveling the mystery of my old friend...of someone who wants to now be my girlfriend, new shit keeps cropping up. Maybe I need to know everything between her and Kailin.

"Tell me when we get there. Can one of your moms pick us up?" I asked.

"I'll call and see," she gave me a tired smile.

Cecia was crazy...but as long as she was crazy about me, she couldn't be too bad? That's the way I was thinking. But I'm not sure if that thought process will keep me alive for long.

I laid across her bed as she closed the curtains and locked the bedroom door. Her parents were going out for shrimp and crawfish, leaving us behind and telling us to play "nice" in their house while they were gone. I don't think the cops had even called our parents. Makes sense though- they didn't ask any of us questions.

Lazuli Heights was a tight community, so could something out there, well rather someone, be keeping us out of trouble.

Or, at least pushing the trouble backwards.