4

C

"That's crazy," someone coughed.

"Chill, fam," Ora warned, laying her head down on the desk, some shawty standing over her. Something was trying to process in my head as I looked at the girl yelling at Ora.

Oh shit! Claria's cousin! The one Ora killed.

"You was laughin' up in my face," Linda poked Ora on the forehead, "And now I find out you the bitch who killed Claria?"

Phones flew out as more students came in before the bell, and every one's attention fell on Linda and Ora.

"Ian know you was her kin. My fault," Ora stated, standing up. "You gotta right to be pissed, but please don't put ya hands on me, baby girl."

"Gon end up like Claria," somebody laughed at Linda.

Linda shot a threatening look back, not able to figure out who said the comment. "Stay the fuck away from me," she turned back to Ora to warn her.

"Bet. You can move seats in Reeves' class," Ora shrugged, "I didn't come here for drama anyways."

Linda turned around, as she was about to walk away from Ora, "My cousin should be here right now. Not you."

"But she ain't. So we gotta be able to exist without bitin' each other's head's off. You agree?" Ora asked.

Linda held up a middle finger, walking out and leaving the class.

"Damnnn!" another instigating ass nigga said.

I went over to Ora, despite the fact that she probably didn't want me around right now even more than she didn't before. "You good?" I asked, sitting back into the empty seat I had originally chosen. She shrugged, her eyes filled up with anger and tears. "I'm straight," she lied. "Ion even know how she found out who I was, but I'm straight," her eyes snapped up to mine, like she was accusing me of telling.

"Literally nobody else knew," I told her, then slowly added, "Well, except my friend Cy'Moni, but she promised not to say nunin-

"I'll prolly have to leave this school too," she said, staring out the window, a faraway look in her eyes, "I'm always having to leave."

"I guess now you can talk to me...since your identity ain't on the low no more," I added meekly, a little bit of childish hope in me.

She shot me a look, like she was entirely done with the whole conversation. "Whatever, Cecia. Whatever," she gestured to the seat I was already sitting in, "Have a seat. Grab a glass of wine while you at it."

"I'm not gon let nobody disrespect you. I'll protect you if you're afraid of everybody else," I told her seriously. "You protected me when I didn't wanna fight back. When I had a weaker heart. But now it's my time to give that back to you, okay?"

"I don't need protection. And I'm not afraid of any of these bitches walkin' 'round here. I've dealt with badder. My anxiety might be afraid of everything, but me, as a person. I'm not."

"You were always more brave than me," I told her, a little bit of proudness seeping into my voice.

"I gotta be," she stated, her voice hard.

"Claria was a bully. She deserved it," I whispered.

That only seemed to make Ora depressed. "Nobody deserves that. And it wasn't for me to do...I'm only human. I had no right to..." She only shook her head, turning her face away from me. "Let's focus on the class, ight?"