Living life dangerously

When she entered the room, silence fell. Sihtric couldn't take his eyes from her. How could she look so breathless after the war she had just been through? The only give away was the small cut on her lip that would heal in it's own time. Osferth held out her chair and grinned as he signalled to the stew he had prepared for them all.

"Thank you." She barely whispered, sitting opposite Sihtric and Ealhswith at the table and Osferth took a seat beside her. The dinner was quiet as everyone ate their food. But Sigyn could feel Sihtric's stare. His eyes devouring her and making a warmth spread through her body.

Once the dinner was over and people had started to fall asleep, she found herself needing some fresh air desperately. She was barely outside for five minutes before she heard him speak, for the first time since he shouted for the fighting to stop.

"You look well." Sihtric had appeared from the town, carrying buckets of water from the well and he dropped them by the front door before he stood beside her at the gate. "Too well."

"What is wrong with you?" She whispered, frantically looking back towards the quiet house. Osferth and Ealhswith had fallen asleep soon after dinner and Sigyn was left to her own thoughts. She started to walk away from the house in the direction of the chapel, but he followed her. Knowing that this discussion wasn't over, she just didn't want to risk waking anyone.

"I'm afraid there's a long list." He tried to joke with her but he was soon dragged down an alley way and pushed up against the wall of the chapel, his eyes instantly on her face as he realised she wasn't joking anymore. "Do you mean why did I save you?"

"Why did you save me and why do you look at me like you do?" Her hands soon dropped from his shirt, letting him have space to breathe and he seemed to ponder her question. Trying to figure out the best way to answer her.

He sighed softly, stepping closer to her and she could feel her breath hitch in her throat as his lips found hers. This kiss was different to their first. It was full of every unspoken word between them both. His hands grasped at her hips and he now pushed her up against the wall of the chapel, her hands sliding beneath his tunic and moaning into the kiss when her back connected with the wall.

In that moment she forgot everything. She forgot her sister. Her anger. Her vengeance. The fact that she was kissing someone she wanted to kill. Or the fact that his woman who had shown her such kindness lay close to them. But she couldn't stop. Her brain was no longer in control of her body.

His kisses felt like nothing she had ever experienced before. He was so gentle, yet full of hunger and want as well. His left hand moving beneath her skirts and as his fingers trailed along her thigh, she felt like her skin was on fire. Finding the strength to break the kiss her forehead rested against his gently as she tried to catch her breath.

"We shouldn't." She whispered breathlessly, her brain finally overpowering the lust she felt in that moment, and she felt his hand move from her thigh to cup her cheek gently. She was forced to look back into his eyes and her heart was about to explode in her chest.

"I just don't know how to put it into words. You frustrate me. But I want you." He whispered and now it was her turn to start the next kiss. He was right. She hated him. Yet here she was, melting in his embrace.

Their lips brushed together in perfect sync, their tongues soon battling for control, and he had grabbed her waist firmly. Moving to sit her on top of an old ale barrel, his frame resting between her thighs and when she felt his hard member against her inner thigh, she gasped into the kiss. From what she could feel, he was large. Probably the largest she had ever had. Without hesitating her hands dropped to his breeches, quickly undoing them until they fell down to his knees. He seemed to understand what she wanted and he pushed up her skirts so he could pull her even closer to him.