Chapter 6

I woke up in my truck of the Meijer parking lot, appear entry I had slept there lat night. Weird. I hardly remembered anything from yesterday, and since today was Monday I started up my car and headed to school. It was only about 5 am and since I knew Brenna would be at the track getting some more running time in I decided to join her. I pulled up to track and got out of my truck I was wearing running shorts, running shoes, my t-shirt and sports bra. I jogged up to the edge of the track and started stretching before my run. Brenna was already there just like I expected but she didn't come and talk to me. Weird, and then it hit me... Hayden had told her about him and I while they had been together. I jogged up to Brenna hoping I could explain the whole situation.

"Bre, please talk to me."

"Why the fuck should I?" She said in between breaths.

"Because, were best friends. We're not seriously going to let a guy come between us are we?"

"You fucked my boyfriend! Just before he died! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Correction! He fucked me! He fucking raped me Brenna!"

"You're such a fucking liar! I knew that you were jealous of me, but I never knew you would take it that far." She had stopped running and was now panting like a dog, she was a die hard runner.

"I'm not fucking living! I'm not stammering am I?! You know that when I lie I stammer my words. I thought you knew me better than that." I ran back towards my truck, got in, and headed up to the school. I needed to take a shower in the locker room and decided I should take it now so my hair could at least semi dry before classes started. Plus, I had unfinished homework that I needed to work on but it needed Internet so I had to get into the school anyway.

I walked out of the locker room shower and saw Brenna standing there. She was changing out of her running clothes and getting ready for school. I huffed and shoved past her. How dare she not believe me, she knew me better than anybody. Although, she did have a point. I was always jealous of her and Hayden, but when I hit him with the bat that night it was because he hurt her, not because I was super jealous of them. I really thought she new me better, but I guess not.

The school bell rang for class to start and I walked into my algebra class in a horrible mood, the girl sitting next to me was named Crystal. She had dark hair pulled back into a messy bun, she was wearing light skinny jeans with holes in them, she was wearing an orange tank too with a white sweat shirt over top of it. She looked at me with an amused yet confused look.

"What shit in your cereal this morning?" She asked sarcastically.

"Nothing. I didn't even have breakfast this morning." I replied.

"Look, I don't have to be nice to you, but I know you had a rough year. If you want or need to talk to anybody then I'll be here."

"Look, my friend Brenna just dumped me I guess you could say. She heard something about me and flipped out, she think so did it. I didn't do it. But she won't listen to me."

"Look, I don't know what happened between you two and honestly I don't care. Either way, if you want someone to hang out with in the mean time I'm here. Me and my friends sit in the corner of the hallway with the benches you can join us if you want to." She faced forward acting like she was paying attention to what the teacher was saying when really she was messing around with her iPad.

Class got out and I didn't realize how many classes I had with Crystal. I had every class with her up until lunch. Lunch came around and I didn't know if I should sit at my usual table with Bre or if I should go take Crystal up on her offer to sit with her and her friends at lunch. I decided to go sit with Crystal, I wasn't ready to face Brenna yet. I walked to the corner and felt totally out of place, these were the people everyone else called "the stoners". I should've felt right at home since these guys pretty much all did drugs and drank alcohol on a regular basis. I had given up drinking and drugs for Brenna, maybe I should start up again. It'd make everything easier. I walked to Crystal who was sitting on one of the benches in the corner and sat down. She looked at mer curiously and then smiled.

"Hey, guys, this is Hannah I invited her to come sit with us for lunch since her friend had dumped her. She doesn't really have anyone else. Don't try to give her a hard time. Let her warm up to you guys first." She said.

I glanced at her and smiled nervously. I wasn't used to this, it was usually just me and Bre at lunch. We didn't want to hang out with anyone else. Especially after Hayden died.

I made it through the whole lunch without hardly talking to anybody but asking questions from the people in the corner. It was peaceful and I like it. I hadn't felt so... myself in a while now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to end the chapter here, I'll try to upload some more this weekend. Comment and vote!

~~Hann