A Better Tomorrow

The air was thick; all that could be heard was the crackling of faint fires and the panicked breath of Wolf. "I said, hand over the gem NOW!" White Panther was seething mad now; having lost to Y/N was not the problem her face was though it still burnt deep as nobody made a move, but Diane spoke up, "why? Why are you still trying to win?" A laugh was the response, "because I'm not done until I'm dead." "You will be in a minute!" Snake hissed angrily. Wolf was trying to keep calm, not that it worked out much; his eyes darted around, looking at the group. Diane sighed before walking to White Panther.

Behind her, some rubble started to move, but she didn't hear it due to one ear being shot off and the other one being burnt, but a particular imposing figure loomed over her; the rest of them saw the flaming beast though as Diane stopped moving "no I won't let you have it" Wolf looked worried as he tried to move out of her grip "stay still mutt!" She moved the gun behind her to hold Wolf better "okay then, Diane, time to die," her voice dripped with venom; aiming the gun, she had to do a double take the gun was bent upwards "the hell?" Turning around, she saw a blue chest; looking up, she was met with a demon.

Wolf got out of her grip as she tried to back away; reeling a fist back, you punched her, connecting with her jaw; the not so White Panther was sent flying, crawling back in fear; the guys looked back at you with worry this was not normal Shark got in the way "out of my way Shark" "no Y/N this ain't you" pushing him aside they others got in the way "don't make me hurt you all" "Y/N let the police do their work" Snake said "SHE TOOK THE FAMILY I HAD FROM ME! SHE NEARLY TOOK YOU ALL FROM ME AS WELL. THIS ENDS NOW!" Your voice echoed, using your wings to push everyone aside; the ground cracked beneath your feet.

Shark, Wolf, and Diane got in front of you, pushing against their friend. Meanwhile, White Panther pulled out a gun as she was trapped against a wall of rubble, firing a bullet that hit Wolf's shoulder; this made your rage grow more, if that was even possible to do. Jumping over the trio, you grabbed two pieces of sharp metal walking to your enemy; she unloaded the rest of the bullets; most missed, but the ones that hit didn't stop the hulking monster; she even resorted to throwing the gun at you "WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE LIKE THAT STUPID BIRD!" Lifting the two metal bars in your hands, she saw one thing inside your eyes. A Monster.

Closing her eyes, White Panther waited to feel the metal hit her, but it didn't opening her eyes; there were around her neck, trapping her there "what?" You looked at her as the group breathed a sigh of relief as your red flames left your body "ever since I broke out of prison, I was blinded by rage at Diane for leaving me to rot; after that, I hated myself for what happened to Sapphire Feather but I finally I turned my anger to you for first taking my first family from me then turning to take this new family from me." The group looked as White Panther finally stopped struggling against the beams knowing she couldn't get out.

A deep sigh came from you, "but I am done letting my anger and vengeance consume me. I will let the police deal with you" "come on, Emerald Claw, finish me! You know you want to," a small smile came to your face. "I'm no longer the Emerald Claw; I am Y/N L/N. I now fully renounce who I was back then; it's time I start again with a clean slate." The others came up and stood next to you. Diane gave you a warm smile, "and we will be here every step of the way to help you, Y/N" you were pulled into a group hug with a smile. You felt happy with this new family. That's when Misty finally found you all.

"Madam Governor, what are you doing?" Her clothes were rather severely ripped, and she was still hurt. "I was looking after my boyfriend, and well" "she is joining our group of crime fighters, Chief," you spoke up; she looked a little confused until you winked, and it dawned on her, "ooooh, okay." "Also, here is the White Panther, well, a little less white" "I. Hate. You. All" pulling the bars off, Misty arrested her as she looked back to you "well, Y/N, I don't know what to say, I mean you brought the thief that framed you to justice truly amazing."  As White Panther was dragged away to a police car and you weakly sat down, looking at the gem.

"Funny, we got it; Diane Dolphine next?" As she went over, the adrenaline had finally worn off as she fell into your arms "owww, thats hurts a lot," you smiled before Diane gave you something car keys. "Diane, the car is gone; it's" BOOM! "Yep, there is goes," Webs says, looking at the explosion in the distance. "I don't think insurance is going to cover this" "Y/N; it's for your other car." "Wait, you mean my?" The roar of an engine broke through the talking as your ford mustang came around a corner "hello beauty," picking Diane up, you put her into the car "squeeze in cause I think we all need to go to the hospital" "what about the damage?"

"Not my problem Wolf. Now hang on!" With a roar, the car sped off down the road as the chief smiled, watching them go, and the White Panther growled in anger.