13

Lily

After what felt like many, wonderful ages they let go of each other. Lily smiled and James smiled back.

'You know, Lily,' James said. 'I won't be mad if you tell me that you choose Mary MacDonald above me. It's Ok.'

'I don't choose her above you, James,' Lily answered and took his hand, it was slightly sweaty. 'I'll talk to her later, she can't control my life. Let's go back to the common room.'

James nodded and they walked together, hand in hand to the Gryffindor common room. Lily felt wonderful. She felt that from now on, her life would be much easier, much better, and if Mary was angry with her, Lily would have James, Ashley, Remus, Peter and Sirius to hang around with. This time she decided that she wouldn't stay away from James, she would be with him, because that was what she wanted.

They stopped where the portrait of The fat lady hung, but the only problem was that there were no fat lady there.

'Where is she?' James asked confused and angry at the same time.

Lily had no idea where The fat lady had gone, so she shrugged. 'I have no idea,' she answered and looked around, as though the fat lady would be standing behind them. 'She was here when... she was here earlier.'

'Yeah, I know, I was talking to her and she- oh no! She's gone to Violet!'

'Violet?'

'Yeah, Violet. She's The fat lady's friend. She's hanging in the great hall, argh! Now what to do?'

'How much is the clock?' Lily asked, slightly worried that they were out way later than they were allowed.

'Half past one,' James answered, not sounding worried at all, but of course he had teachers yelling at him all the time and he was in detention almost as often as Lily was in the library.

'What if a teacher catch us!' Lily was starting to panic. She had never been to a detention in her whole life, and she didn't want to be in one either.

'Oh, come on Lily,' James sighed. 'If a teacher finds us he or she will think that we are a cute little ball couple who forgot to go back to the common room, nothing to worry about.'

Lily did not really believe that any teacher would believe in that, especially when they had seen James at the ball with Mary, but she didn't say anything, she only looked worriedly at James who smiled in a way that showed that he was completely calm.

'Don't worry Lily flower,' he said and grinned, but the grin quickly faded away when he saw the look Lily gave him.

'Don't you ever call me "Lily flower" again,' she said in a threatening tone. 'And I want to get back to the common room now, no matter what you say.'

'Well,' James said slowly and ran a hand through his very messy hair. 'We... er... I actually have no idea what we can do. See, we couldn't go get the fat lady, since the doors to the great hall is locked... so... yeah. We're simply stuck here until she comes back or someone open up from the inside.'

'Then let's nock,' Lily ordered and began to nock as hard as she could on the empty portray, though nothing happened, no one opened.

Lily sank down on the floor with her back against the wall and groaned loudly. 'We're doomed!' she said, as though it was the end of their lives.

'I think that we'll be able to have a nice night anyway,' James said and sat down next to her. 'I don't find this too bad.'

Lily couldn't help but smile, he could be really cute at times. Then he suddenly put one of his arms around her shoulders. Lily's first impulse was to tell him angrily to take it away, but she stopped herself just before she did it, because James arm really wasn't that bad. It was actually pretty nice.

'We should talk about something,' James then said. Lily looked up at him and smiled.

'I actually have it pretty good just sitting here,' she answered feeling that it wouldn't be hard to fall asleep here with James. Not at all actually.

'You do?' James asked sounding surprised. 'I'm starting to get really bored actually. Let'a go on a night time stroll!'

Lily giggled at his childishness and his craving to brake even more rules than he already did.

James gasped. 'Did I just hear Lily Evans make a girlish giggle!?' he asked in a extremely chocked voice, as though she had just told him that she actually was Dumbledore who had taken polyjuice potion, or something like that. 'Merlin's beard Lily! I didn't know that you were able to do that!'

Lily giggled unwillingly again and this time, James put his hand over his mouth and looked as though he was going to faint. 'You're so silly,' Lily said and stood up. 'Now, do you want to go on a stroll or not.'

'Are you sure that you want to brake even more rules?'

'Yes,' Lily said and took James hand. 'Yes I most certainly am.' Then she dragged him away towards a long dark corridor.

They walked in hours, though the hours only felt like minutes. They had fun all the time, laughing, talking and laughing. They didn't talk about anything serious or anything sad, it was all random babbling and joking. They had a great time, and when they finally came back to the portrait of the fat lady, she was there again.

'Where have you been?' she demanded to know with a stern expression on her face. 'You should be in bed ages ago.'

'You weren't here, so we couldn't get back inside,' James snapped back in an angry voice, but Lily knew that he wasn't really angry, because she was sure that he, just like she, had had a great time, strolling around the castle's deserted corridors.