We Must Find a Cure

Start from the beginning

Stan however remained speechless- couldn't blame him. He hasn't talked much since the horrible news we received this morning. Stan continued to look down at the floor, unable to look at Kenny while he had tubes up his nose...

"Hey, uh- we were all just talkin' about how when you get better, we're all gonna go down to Stark's Pond again and go camping. Huh, Stan?" I told Kenny, also trying to get Stan to join into the conversation.

Stan cleared his throat and looked at Kenny. Then at me. "I-" He looked back at Kenny before rushing out the door in despair.

"I'll go talk to him." Kyle muttered to the rest of the group.

"I'll come with you." I said to Kyle who just nodded, seemingly did not have enough energy to protest.

We walked down the halls of the hospital in a melancholy silence...

***

We ran out the hospital, following Stan into the snow. Kyle and I looked around to see Stan standing outside. We walked towards him.

"Stan? Stan, where are you going?" I asked him. He turned to look at me with distressed eyes.

"I can't, I just can't." Stan told me and Kyle.

"Dude, he needs us right now." Kyle told Stan.

"I can't see him like that, Kyle. All those hoses and wires. He's a kid, dude. He's s'posed to be running around and laughing." Stan cried. I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"I, I know it's tough but-" I said, Stan turned away from me causing me to frown. "LOOK AT ME!" I shouted at him, he turned back round, eyes widened at my sudden outburst.

"I know its hard to see a friend like this, okay?! I know! But we have to be tough right now. For Kenny." I told Stan.

"And what are we supposed to do, huh?! Stand in that room and keep making small talk?! Pretend like everything's okay?! I CAN'T DO IT!" Stan shouted back.

"Look, however hard you think it is for you, it's a lot harder for him!" Kyle yelled at Stan who groaned in reply.

"We have to be here for our friend, Stan! He needs us right now!" I yelled at Stan.

Stan turned away from us once again, starting to walk away from us... from Kenny... from the one person he needed the most right now.

"Just leave me alone!" Stan cried.

"Stan, you can't leave!" Kyle shouted at him to come back.

"Stan, Please come back!" I cried out for him.

Stan turned around once more, tears also welling up in his eyes.

"I'm not the one who's leaving, he is!" Stan cried, ending the conversation.

I stared at Stan's outline going into the snowy fog, out of sight. A small sob escaped my lips, Kyle immediately came over to me; enveloping me in a big, warm hug.

"I don't understand Kyle, how can this be happening to him at such a young age? He is only nine! NINE!"

"Hey- It's going to be ok, i promise. Kenny will pull through." Kyle assured me, allowing me to cry into his shoulder.

"He is one of my closest friends- i can't lose him Kyle! I CAN'T! I don't think i can live without him..."

"You won't lose him- we wont lose him. He will get better... I am here for you..." Kyle told me, rubbing my back.

We stood outside for a while, snow softly brushing my face...

***

As we came back towards Kenny's room in the the hospital, Kyle and I heard small sniffles from around the corner. As we turned the corner, I saw Cartman facing a wall, crying.

"Cartman?" Kyle called his name.

Suddenly, Cartman tried to compose himself, pretending he wasn't crying a few moments ago.

"Oh, Kyle, Sam. What's goin' down ginger bitches?" Cartman said, sniffling.

"Cartman, were you... crying?" I asked Cartman.

"N- No! No, I mean, I, I got somethin' in my eyes. It's this uh, the air in here is just- uh." I watched Cartman slowly break down, trying with all his might to hide it. "Oh man." He whispered.

"Hey Cartman." Kyle mumbled. Cartman turned around to look at us. "I care a lot about him, too."

Cartman's eyes welled up again. Kyle reached out to hug him, Cartman for once obliged. I smiled slightly at the two boys small, wholesome moment.

"I'm gonna find a cure, Kyle. I swear to God I'm gonna find a cure." Cartman cried silently.

"Sure you will, Cartman. Sure you will." Kyle said to Cartman, comforting him. I didn't know what to do but stand there.

Here is the new chapter. I hope you like it!

This is a very hard episode to write about, especially with the fact i feel the need to make it perfect because how much of a touchy subject it is. Sorry if it brought up anything for anyone.

In this chapter, Sam is very emotional, obviously, but also notices the small kind actions of her friends. Kyle and Cartman constantly bicker so seeing them together not bickering gives her hope.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you save the story if you want to read more. Please let me know what you think of this story.

I will update soon.

If you like this story and want to keep up to date on new chapters, make sure to ❤️ this story! Don't forget to comment one what you think of the story! 👍