Chapter 3

The place was in the hills of Oakland. Because of its style it looked like a house; however, its size made it a mansion.

It was owned by Tommy Gibbs AKA T-money. T-money was an old-school pimp turned drug dealer; with a few kills under his belt and over a hundred people working for him he was somewhat of a drug lord.

All the drugs sold in the Bay Area in one way or another went through him. There was not an ounce sold that he didn't know about. He was The Man when it came to drugs. He didn't just sell nickels and dimes, he was not who you went to just too simply re-up. He was the one who the distributors went to. He was a drug lord, a King Pin as he liked to say. And for the last thirteen years he built his empire, for the last thirteen years he was T-money.

It was Friday night, better yet Saturday morning. He stood at the window of his upstairs office looking down at the lone car in the driveway. He had a guest waiting for the last hour; he liked to make people wait. There was a knock on his office door. He turned as a light skinned, green eyed twenty-seven-year old woman said, "It's been an hour, Money."

T-money smiled. "Thank you, baby girl, tell one of the girls to bring down refreshments."

"Will do..."

The door closed, and T-money walked to his desk and pulled out his .357 Magnum. These fools will never catch me slippin', he thought, putting it into its holster and checking the small .22 strapped to his leg.

Slowly he made his way down to his office on the ground floor where a dark-skinned thug in a baggy jean outfit was sitting in a chair across from his desk.

He stood, "T-mo, wats good cuz?"

"Don't yo hoe ass cuz me nigga," T-money snapped.

T-money watched the man's fist clinch and then turned his back to him daring him to make a move. They were on his turf and the nigga wouldn't make it out alive. T-money knew his name alone had people spooked.

"Sorry"

"What do you want?" T-money asked sitting at his desk.

"Well, it's that nigga from P.A. He been movin' in on my shit and-"

"Watch yo' mouth young one."

"Sorry."

"Check this Spencer-"

"It's Spin-"

T-money looked at Spencer, and he knew right away that he did something wrong. You do not interrupt T-money. T-money let the silence grow uncomfortable before he spoke slowly.

"Look Spencer, get to the point; I'm a very busy man."

"I was just trying to get permission from you to move in on this fool."

T-money grew silent showing that he was thinking about the request and he was; however, he already had what he would say in mind. Spencer was beating around the bush. "I'm asking myself why would you be asking me permission to kill a nigga Spencer? I'm sure you done drew down on many a nigga without my blessing and knowledge."

"Well yeah it's just-"

"Get yo dick out yo ass and tell me what you want. Who are we talking about? Why would I care about a nickel and dimer?"

"He go by Free, and he from Pennsylvania..."

T-money began laughing, "And he's not just a nickel and dimer. He's making me a lot of money, and if I'm correct he's worth a hell of a lot more to me than you Spencer."

"Yeah, that's because he movin' in on-"

T-money started clucking his tongue.

T-money was not concerned about turf wars, nor did he care if someone moved in on anyone. All the money came to him in the end since he monopolized the Bay Area.

"Freemen Iverson; father: Johnny Iverson. We have a lot of history you know?" Spencer remained silent. "More history than young Freemen knows. I'm the one who put his father down and spared him and his family," T-money said talking more to himself than to Spencer.

He was thinking of his old boss and best friend. Some would think him a cold man, to not give a damn about what he'd done.

But T-money could care less. It needed to be done he thought. In the end, it all boiled down to survival and love.

Focusing his attention back to Spencer he said, "Freemen is a blood, isn't he?"

Spencer shrugged as if uninterested and T-money knew his gaze was making him sweat.

"Most of them P.A. niggas are raw." T-money smiled a wicked looking smile. "Isn't that what they say in P.A.? Raw?"

Spencer's nodded, eyes looking everywhere but at T-money. "Well did I ever tell you, I'm from P.A. raw?" Spencer's eyes widened. "Sac Street rogue. And let me tell you, we only rep our streets; the G, the Vill, the Mid. We don't get into that colored gang shit, but...we are blood sympathizers as you crab... my bad, Crips would say."

T-money smiled watching Spencer squirm uncomfortably in his seat. Still smiling T-money said, "Now this thing you got with young Johnny wouldn't be gang related would it?"

"No sir," Spencer said shaking his head violently from side to side.

T-money nodded then sighed.

"I'm a businessman Spencer and the way I see it, killing Free is bad for business..."

Spencer was trying to look interested without actually looking at T-money.

"Check this Spencer; I could care less what you and Freemen do. I don't care who kills who. But check me out bruh, if I see Free's death anywhere in my financials..." T-money looked up as if he was thinking. "I will erase you. Starting with your oldest family member down to the youngest and then you. I will kill anyone who remembers you. Do you understand?"

Spencer was breathing fast as he nodded.

"If you feel you can do his job better, then do it. Now I don't recommend you start anything with him, but if you must-" T-money shrugged. "You may leave."

Spencer moved with the quickness for the door. Before the door was opened T-money said, "Good luck, hopefully you don't get yourself killed."

Spencer was closing the door when he heard T-money yell, "Where is that bitch with my refreshments!"